Some night photos

Vag_Dave

!! Diesel Power !!
Jan 15, 2007
South Wales
Car looks stunning Phil . . . my fav is the second one, includes a bit of welsh in it too.

Just wonder how you fixed you 'Cupra' badge to your grill, as i'm looking to buy one for my cupra! :)

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
Nice Pics Phil. I really need to buy a tripod and look into the settings of my camera! After all it cost a bundle! All I do is press Auto then the button to take a picture! lol..

Love the 2 30sec Exposures at the end though! - A desktop for me too! Cheers!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Yeah its in talbot green shoppign centre. I'm gonan go out again and try some new shots at some point which i'll put in here when i'm done.

ian_cupra

DSCF0769.jpg

looks goo mate, loving this one, think thats about as good as you get it due to the exposure times, its always gonna leave a bit of the bonnet in the air, thats why i went for a close up picture of the engine bay, so you couldnt really see the bonnet open much

looking awesome though mate, i love using the extra long exposure times, make the car look so shiney, as every little bit of light and reflextion gets picked up! some good shots :)

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Nice one mate, bonnet trick shot dosnt look too bad at all tbh. I found having an uber long exposure time helped but in order to not let too much light in and 'wash' everything out i used a black card (sat nav leather wallet) to hold in front of the camera while i shut the bonnet. Which also eliminated the risk of getting any of me in the shot too.

Heres the some data for the following pic:

Shutter Speed 30 sec.
Aperture F/22
IS0 Speed 100

I think the key is just to play around with the exposure times of both before you close the bonnet and after you close it. I think i may also have used the flash in order to help light the engine bay a little. Been meaning to do one of the door too, to expose some of the interior through it.

4px64nn.jpg

Last edited:

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Your exif data shows 6sec exp @ F/2.8 :p I went for a longer exposure with a smaller aperture in order to give me more time to run around and close the bonnet. 6sec must have been quite a rush!

Interestingly, Photoshop can yeild a good result too... (not mine btw) Tripod, 2 images, one with bonnet open, one closed. Merge desired parts in Photoshop.

5znazjc.jpg

Last edited:

muttly

Oct 1, 2005
Stamford Nr Peterborough
wow im luvin the pics.. great work peeps.. id love to get a decent camera and have a go at this stuff.. can anyone reconmend a half decent camera for a beginner? ive got a lil casio compact camera that has got some manual settings but its very limited.. that Fujifilm S6500 doesnt look bad for the price and certainly takes some capable pics in the right hands!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.