• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Seat Toledo 2015 media system 2.2

Oct 23, 2024
Hi everyone,

I have a 2015 Seat Toledo equipped with the Media System 2.2, but I’d really like to switch to an Android-based system. After doing some research online, I've come across a few options, but I’m unsure which would be compatible with my current screen model. Here are the possibilities I’ve found:

1. Replace the current navigation system: If I go this route, can anyone recommend a navigation system that would fit my car and work well?
  2. Use a USB stick to convert the system to Android: I’ve seen some mentions of USB sticks that might make this possible, but I’m not certain it would work with this screen model. I do have a USB port under the screen.
  3. SD card or CD update: I’ve heard that it’s possible to update the software and maps using an SD card or CD. However, I’m not sure if this method can fully convert the system to an Android one.
I've attached a picture of the media system for reference. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

media system image

Thanks in advance!

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Not totally familiar with this head unit, as I upgraded mine with a RNS510 (eqivalent to the Skoda Columbus) which has a bigger screen.

However, I can tell you that the head unit that you have is a RNS315, and is equivalent to the Skoda Amundsen and also used in various VW models - difference between the SEAT, VW and Skoda units is simply the colour of the display menus, and the lighting in the control buttons, red in SEAT/VW and green in Skoda.

It may be worth doing a few searches on here for RNS315, and also on Briskoda (Skoda forum) for Amundsen and RNS315, and various VW forums for RNS315 - the truth will be out there somewhere.

Hope this helps, good luck

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
Good morning. As already mentioned, rns 315(+). The system is from the PQ platform. Firmware update via CD. Not Android Auto or Apple Car Play compatible. Support is EOL. Either convert to a mib PQ (note: requires a certain hardware of the gateway, and component protection must be removed) or a decent China radio.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.