Seat Mk1 fr 205 bhp 300Nm, slipping clutch?

Mark Anderson

Dear Participants,
There is a lot of talk of chipping, well your clutch will last about 30k at best (from new) Has anyone fitted the upgraded organic clutch?
This clutch is a direct replacement, has anyone fitted it? does it work ok? how much and where was it from?

I dont want to fit the paddle clutch which does away with the duel mass flywheel, thats about a grand plus fitting, plus the clutch is like an on off switch!

Cheers,

Mark
(Leon Mk1 150 tdi FR)

njgoldby

I too would be interested to hear any thoughts on this.
My FR is running a re-map with similar figures and clutch is slipping under heavy throttle.
I guess it is inevitable that the clutch will wear quickly with this increase in power, so I am looking ahead to see what people recommend in terms of uprated clutch.
I need pointing in the direction of good advice and good deals.
Thanks in advance.

bazibbo

Mine's just started slipping on my remapped mk1 leon cupra tdi, only just noticeable and possibly more on colder days. I'm currently around 180 bhp on a clutch friendly remap, and for a change I'm not winging about the clutch wearing, but looking forward to getting a new one and trying for 195bhp.

I'm just looking at all the clutch options, but I don't have a massive budget. I was looking at Allards paddle friction disk (240GBP ish) to use with my existing pressure plate and flywheel, but have just notices 2 supplyers on ebay, one pushing a complete paddle kit...

text below from listing.........................................
1.9 TDi 150 Bhp GTi ( ARL Engine) 09/00->
ALSO (4 Motion)
240mm
190PS
250BHP
405 NM TORQUE
CG MOTORSPORT
5 PADDLE PERFORMANCE CLUTCH KIT

The other.. TECHNICLUTCH offering.....

text below from listing.........................................
COMPLETE HEAVY DUTY FAST ROAD STAGE 1 ORGANICE CLUTCH ASSEMBLY

-Organic driven plate
-Heavy duty clutch cover
-Release bearing

Around the 230GBP mark.

Anybody know anything about them.

Don't all shout SACHS, I've got around a 400GBP fitted budget, two greedy kids and a wife who's dieting after christmas and will demand new clothes!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise