Seat Memory Function UK

Tell

Staff member
Does anyone know why the Memory function is not available for UK market? Looking at Born V3
Probably cost cutting. The specs can vary between countries and the options are defined by build codes that the factory builds to. Examination of the build codes generated by the VIN if you can decode those build codes reveals what's different.

My pet hate is people buying cars without reversing cameras. They should never be left out for cost saving purposes and people shouldn't be duped into buying models with safety features paired back.

For RHD models the offer between Eire and GB is interesting one to look at to see what gets in Eire models against ours. Seat / Cupra can hold back the goodies by putting them in latter in the specs. Traditionally the UK did it's own thing. They decided what the customer wanted which isn't always what the customer wanted but what they could sell at the price or a bee in their bonnet about what they thought you wanted. I'd always buy the kitchen sink and it's annoying when it's left out.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
That's a pain in the ar5e :D. What is annoying is every car advert on the TV shows (in small print) "Vehicle shown not to UK specification".

Tell

Staff member
That's because the TV adverts are made for the European market. MK head office then specifies to the factory what it wants built to the cost based on local markets. At that point you scrutinise what's in the offer. People who replace their cars frequently don't always check the spec and it's possible the spec can be flexed. It's always better to see the production model than order one off the brochure although I always do. :unsure: Include the kitchen sink in the order and that way you know you have it... like seats until you try them out you never know.

Reactions: Yern
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.