• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Seat Leon 1.8 intermittent dying whilst driving.

Oct 24, 2024
Hello all, Firstly I don't use forums often so if this is the wrong place to post I apologize.

I have an old 2002 Seat Leon 1.8 petrol that has been misfiring and dying whilst driving and it is not giving me any fault codes, It starts back up again after coming to a stop but the issue seems to happen at the same driving distance there is a certain road that every time would misfire and slowly die before coming back to life, The issue is it now is simply dying, (makes me think it could be a sensor that activates after a certain temperature or another metric is met).

It had a new battery and alternator and a full service recently before this issue came up.

I am just wondering if this is a common issue that can be fixed, or if the old girl needs scrapping as the rest of the car is pretty immaculate which would be a shame.

Happy to answer any questions you may have