Seat Ibiza Mk3 HU relocation

Sophie x

Hiya i know this has probs been asked hundreds of times,, i have a seat ibiza mk3, with standard head unit i have already read up on having the consolse modded and sounds way to complecated. At the mo im trying to persuade my bf to have a go at relocating a new HU under the steering wheel, but he's a bit unsure of how to go about it and doesn want to do things wrong etc.

If any one could give as much advice on how to do this it would be very much appreciated and im sure my bf would b thankfull coz it stops me moaning about it lol! ;)

binky

from what i know about the mk2 and mk3 ibiza sound system is that you should not need a stalk adapter to wire the new head unit in.

You would need to purchase an ISO to DIN aerial adapter (ht*tp://w*ww.caraudiodirect.*co.uk/aerial-adaptor-p-210.html) please remove the star from the link.

To relocate the head unit you would have to find somewhere under the steering wheel to mount it, then lengthen the wiring and aerial so the blocks and aerial will fit in the back of the head unit. After that you should be sorted :)

I'm not really an expert at car audio so there is obviously huge gaps in knowledge in the above but i hope this sorts a few problems out

Sophie x

Thanx binky,,

my bf said he needs to know what the male connection plug for the stereo is called or identified as,, that plugs into original unit...the one that will need to be adapted onto to go to the new head unit???????

binky

htt*p://ww*w.seatcupra.n*et/files/Mk3HUChange.*pdf

this will help a lot more than i can. As i said i'm not really an expert at car audio i just dabble with speakers, amps and subs. Sorry i'm not much help

1L19

Sep 1, 2008
Barnstaple
Why not take out the air vents and put it there? I was considering that when I had my mk3

Take a look at he thread: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=186873

DSCF0350.jpg

Sophie x

:D Thanks a lot thats really helped,, seems much easier putting it in vents.
Thanks x

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members