• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

seat ibiza iv Infotainment System/radio touch freeze when its cold

Oct 16, 2024
Hey,
I just bought a Seat Ibiza 1.0 EcoTSI:2015 / 2016(Vehicle year / Model year)
and just started having issues with the Infotainment System/radio/head up display screen touch function stops working when its around "1°C" outside.
It starts working after like 10-20 minuts of driving and need to restart the system/press Infotainment System on/off button for 20-30seconds everytime....
How can I fix this? Do i need to buy a new system/used system from crashed car or will it be same issue?
Would be very happy for every help i can get

Cainy1989

Jan 11, 2019
That was "normal" with those units, theres not much you can do to solve the issue other than upgrade the entire head unit. I had one of these brand new in 2015 and had the same issue any temp below 4 degrees it would freeze. Once the unit and the car warms up its ok again

Reactions: andreee
Oct 16, 2024
That was "normal" with those units, theres not much you can do to solve the issue other than upgrade the entire head unit. I had one of these brand new in 2015 and had the same issue any temp below 4 degrees it would freeze. Once the unit and the car warms up its ok again
Okey thanks for the answer! :) Do you know if its same issue when it gets really hot in the summer?
And does this issue have big inpact of the lifetime on the radio that it will stop work in a year or two?
Also do you know any good newer head unit I can upgrade to that works with the car?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise