Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI 2012 Throttle body replacement

Jul 3, 2024
Hi all,

I’ve just bought my first car. A
SEAT Ibiza (2012) 1.2 TSI Sportrider Hatchback 5dr Petrol Manual Euro 5 (s/s) (105 ps).

There is a throttle body issue and it needs to be replaced.
I’ve removed the throttle body and the part number is 03F133062. However, I can’t seem to find this part anywhere but can see that 03F133062B is available.

Are they the same? And is 03F133062B compatible with my car?

Apr 4, 2019
The suffix ‘B’ suggests a revision of the part, but the main number is exactly the same, so should be correct. To check use you reg on a site like auto doc and it will show the parts applicable for your car.

interestingly I’ve just had to replace my throttle body on 1.0 tsi Ibiza, 2016. Symptoms were irratic idle, engine light on and epc light on. car also in limp mode. Checked for fault codes and pointed to throttle body. Seat wanted over £500 just for the part, but got a new, unbranded one off eBay, for £85. Wasn’t sure about using an unbranded one, but at that price took a punt. When part arrived it seemed similar, but there were slight differences in the casting of the metal, but nothing majorly different.

Once replaced it needs adaptation, ie calibration, which is just a one click function on an odbc reader/coder, it will also need the fault codes clearing. After that it worked perfectly. Been in 2 weeks now, so fingers crossed for the long term.

if your interested this is the reader / unit I used to adapt and read and clear faults. I did ask a local electrician to do it, but he wanted £75, which was nearly the price of the reader that I bought, so thought I’d buy it for possible future use. Others are clearly available and I have no affiliation to this site, but this is just the one I have:

cheers Axel

Reactions: mty12345