Seat Clonking Noise

shauncupra

Jun 19, 2007
Norwich,Norfolk
Hi there

Just lately both my front seats in the car have started clonking as you accelarate
and when you brake sometimes.

Any ideas on what could be happening guys and girls:confused:, could it be the seats need tightning up or something?

any replys will be greatfully received,

cheers

shauncupra

Jun 19, 2007
Norwich,Norfolk
it would be strange that they have both suddenly started moving or have you had them out. Are you 100% certain it's the Seat, sorry not meaning to question you it just seems unusual

yeah its definately the seats but more so the passenger front seat when somebody is sitting in it only.. but my seat has just started to do it

mind you im no light weight lol:D (15 stone)

andylcr

Aug 6, 2009
Berks
Hi there

Just lately both my front seats in the car have started clonking as you accelarate
and when you brake sometimes.

Any ideas on what could be happening guys and girls:confused:, could it be the seats need tightning up or something?

any replys will be greatfully received,

cheers

mate, i've had exactly the same thing happening on my driver seat. Its doing my nut in. I keep sticking my hand under the seat expecting to find something lose but there's nothing!

it sounds as if a bit of metal is rolling and hitting against another bit and yeah it happens if i accelerate or brake.

let me know how you get on. :)

Cupra TDI 150

Sep 25, 2007
I have this too only on driver's side from what i can tell, i've spent 1/2 an hour searching but can't find anything. I swear i have seen something to do with it being the welds or rewelding a part

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Taking out your seat is very easy.
You could easily have this check out in an hour, including having the seat back in place

nutter_engineer

Feb 16, 2007
This just started happening to me aswell! In fact you can hear it by just rocking the seat back and forth. I tried tightening the two bolts at the bottom of the seat by they were tight anyway. Keen to know what else it could be.

shauncupra

Jun 19, 2007
Norwich,Norfolk
Right well i had good look at the weekend and both seats are secure, could not find fault with anything..
so i quess for now it will remain a mystery untill such times im brave enough to remove the seats.
Now i just turn the music up a little more :)

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
Just a thought guys, but l used to get the same issue on my old Golfs and it turned out to be a small (usually white) plastic block that sits in the seat runners. l think its there to stop the seats from shifting too far forward/back for what ever reason. All that happened was that the clip on the back of this block had snapped and it was allowing movement in the seat that had been restricted by this plastic block before hand.

Hope that makes sense!? :blink:

As l say, this is what the issue was on my Golf's 9 times out of 10 so l guess there's a chance it could be the same on our LCR's :confused:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
nobody come up with a solution to this yet? its still doing my nut in!

Yeah but it might cost you a little more than expected. :whistle:

audi_rs4_05.jpg

neilmac

Just starting to tweak...
Jul 12, 2006
Has anyone got to the bottom of this one? Ive got a noise on my seat now, just a little one and it sounds like it could be the same as the above.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.