Scooby Owner interested in THe Ibiza Cupra TDi

Blackpologti

Hiya guys,

i'm selling my scooby and am interested in purchasing a ibiza cupra pd160..
Just wanted to know what owners thought of them... Sounds like the best of bost world -- decent power and mpg

do they handle well on standard suspension?
any1 had the car revo'ed?

cheers

tas

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
well, as with all diesels they dont/wont handle like your scooby! i drive a PD130 and i think its quality, decent power and average 45mpg easy! loads of cupras have been mapped on here, i think your looking at around 190bhp (correct me if im wrong). 300+ lbft torque!
my FR has only got a strut brace and it handles ok...not sure what cupras are like!

it will be a big "come down" from your scoob, depending on which one it is??

i sold my WRX STi v-limited (360bhp) and bought a Mondeo ST24 V6 estate :-o
but i had to have something for work, and i needed it to be as different from the scooby so there was no chance of comparison :)

we now got Ibiza FR130, with a remap will push 170-180. There not much difference between the FR and Cupra (facelift versions) just a few details really :)
don't forgat about insurance tho, Cupra gp15 i think????? iirc, the FR is gp8 :)

Blackpologti

i know its a comedown as i have an sti type r with a few tastey mods but need something to cheaper to run.. have checked the insurance and its 400quid cheaper, mpg, tax, servicing etc is all much cheaper..

just wondered if they handle ok with some suspension mods..

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
He took his to Allards, and a Bigger turbo and propane injection among a few other things were added.

I love mine, I imagine it will feel a bit like a go kart for you... Ie point and squirt. There not brilliant round corners, but a few cheap mods, and decent tyres and it'd make one hell of a difference.

~I actually think mines half decent when its on trackdays, certainly can more than hold its own against the rest of the hot hatch bunch.

A remap (depending on who you go) with will land you ~195-205 BHP

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
what had u done to it???

As Dift said i went to Allards and had a phase 3 conversion done then added propane injection on top. I was aiming to get the 1.9 PD engine to 300bhp but i had a little incident on the way to work and killed the car.
Click on the link to read a quick write up of the phase 3 conversion done to my car.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/devonmikeyboy/Picture015.jpg

Allards web site.
http://www.allardmotorcompany.com/pages/products/products-cat6.asp?cat=6

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Hey tas, didn't you used to be on uk-polos/club polo?

My mum's had a Revo'd Ibiza Cupra TDI for 2 and a half years now.

The handling is better than the FRs/Sports, I use the car too and I find it handles rather well. Its no Focus, or Scoob, but it does well.

The power with Revo is awesome. It feels like warp speed! You'll be impressed by that, but you'll be disappointed that its peak power comes in at under 4k and after that you really need to change up. I used to have a AmD remapped PD130 and sold it because I missed the revs and wanted a flat :)

Blackpologti

hiya tom.

i did use to be on uk-polos and porka... one of my previous cars was a polo gti.

really tempted with the cupra.. definately need a diesel due to number of miles i will be doing...

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
the cupras are a bit iffy with standard suspension but as mentioned with suspension and s.brace and spacers your laughing

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Have a search around. There is no 'best' map, they all have there good and bad points. Im running a slightly more aggressive Revo map, and love it to bits. It is one of the more expensive ones out there, but I do give my car a hard time, and I want a tried and tested Remap on it.

Blackpologti

is there any difference between an 04 cupra tdi to a 06 cupra tdi?

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

splitter.jpg

DSC00440.jpg

Or my Fav :D

SantaPod.jpg

Blackpologti

awesome cars dift and rash!!
want mine decked when i have it..

dont spose anybody wants a p/ex + cash with a scooby sti type r, 320bhp with uprated internals etc...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.