Schrick Cams on Ebay

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Looking on eBay this morning and came across a nice set of Schrick 268 duration cams ;)

Does anyone have the part number for the ABF engine Schrick cams so I can check to make sure they the right ones or does anyone already know these are fine?

They cost almost double from companies I contacted in the UK, so a nice saving of £300 is very tempting.

Schrick Cams

Here's the translation in English since the item is all advertised in German:

MDR team is Powersellermitglied bronze.
Powerseller stands for checked member and security, for quality of the product, for Seriösität and free from problems windings up.

ESTEEM - POINT!!
From 01.01.2005 raised Starting the prices of all products about 7-12%.
Then cam waves cost 15-20 EUR more.

Start cam waves 2x 268 ° for all VW 1.8 l - 2.0 l 16 V of engines with Hydrostösseln. Everything 129, 139, 136, 150 HP 16 V of engines in the gulf 2, gulf 3, Corrado, Scirocco, trade wind, Seat Toledo, Ibiza, Cordoba, Audi 80, etc....

- Admittance / outlet = 268 °

The cam waves are brand new. Normal price Starting = 743.00 EUR. Because of the inquiries: In the Schrickkatalog the net price is indicated always. Please, properly read!! We sell incl. VAT
Now and here on offer for only 639.00 EUR. Thus now and here access and 104.00 EUR save!!

Achievement increase with all abovementioned engines approx. 15 HP

With this cam wave one has in the lower and middle speed area clear increased performance and torque.

2 cam waves are delivered of course!

- 24-month guarantee (12 months of starting and 12 months of L and S. Cartec)

- Calculation with ausgew. VAT on the auction winner

- immediately available

- NO EBAY fees

Also follows our other auctions with cam waves, g loaders etc....

Inquiries with regard to Leistungskits desirably.

Any help or advice would be grateful, even though it would be a nice saving don't really want to spend that money and find out that it won't fit or something.

[Edited: forgot link]

Last edited:

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Yea I remember reading them but was speaking to Vince at Stealth Racing and he reckons it runs fine :confused:

The saving if I buy them would leave me with extra couple of ££££ in my pocket so a after market management couldn't go a miss :think:

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
sean martin had trouble with his 268's i think

they are right on the limit with the sotck management i think

does vince still get geoff to do the mapping? geoff does know his onions (as do vince) so i would be inclined to trust them (it is borderline tho)

http://www.drschrick.de/english/index.php for info

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Have heard good things about them.

Is Geoff from AMD because Vince said they put 268s into an ABF a short while ago and had to have some bloke (can't remember his name) from AMD to map it as they didn't have the right equipment at the time but now they have.

Would it be better to get after market management then? and I can't seem to find any info on the schrick web site, some of the pages seem to be unavailable.

sean martin

Jun 7, 2002
leicester
Visit site
Yes I did Have a bit of trouble with the 268's, They put idle exhaust emissions beyond lambda control. The car ticked over for about 10 seconds then just gurgled until revved up. I didn't actually have the car MOT'd with the 268's but pretty sure it would have failed. Schrick 260's did the job for me in the end - still got them in now - would not go for anything wilder than this unless your spending big money and turning your engine into a big 7.5k+ rev monster.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.