• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

safest way to get the most power out of a standard k03s?

LeonFR 1.8t

Jul 21, 2013
Hartlepool, UK
Hi all just curious as to how I could get the most bhp
out of a standard agu leon 1.8t? Safely?

At the moment im thinking of getting a stage 2 map once I have supporting mods!
Whats the safest psi I could run standard or forge actuator and roughly what kindnof power do ppl think id be putting out

I now have;
Forge split r
3" downpipe and decat
piper panel filter

Future mods
custom 3 " turbo back, would a section about 150mm in length where the cat joins centre section at 2.5" be holding anything back?
wellycooler
Is it more beneficial getting an oversize tip to the opposed forge/sfs silicone tip? Or would I need to alter anything?
would cupra r injectors fpr and pump give me any kind of power or just allow me to handle more?
And would a forge actuator give me any gains on a standard k03s after remap?

Any help is greatly appreciated
many thanks
j.allen :D

Azza_

Sep 17, 2008
South Shields
agu leon? u mean auq?

i think the limit for the k03s is 240/250bhp

ditch the split r they are known to leak badly! you want either a 007p with revised piston, 008, or the apr r1 diagphram diverter valve

maybe worth getting a jetex cone filter or similiar as the standard airbox is fed by a miniscule pipe coming from the wing! couple that with a heatshield to help stop drawing in boiling air

oversize tip is the one to go for few people have said it definitely helps flow!

i dont think the 2.5" section will make a massive amount of difference its more the downpipe to help with egt's and flow of gas out of the turbo

cupra r injectors 4bar fpr are mainly for hybrid applications as far as im aware and fuel pump unless is worn and tired should flow enough for a stage 2 k03s

welly cooler is a msut for stage2 as the heat soak from the single side mount would kill any gains

this is all just from what ive been reading while getting my car ready for stage1/2 (when i get round to it!)

Last edited:

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
Azza has said it

FMIC / 3" DP / TIP are most important (I would also upgrade the catback). The stock air filter can handle way more than 300Bhp, so no need to upgrade that unless you want more sound (I wanted to hehe).

Cupra R injectors arent necessarily needed, only fit them if your car will be mapped on it (same with 4 bar fpr).

Check my sig, limit lies higher then 250Bhp. But expect around 230/240Bhp from stage 2 remap, everything above is icing on the cake.

LeonFR 1.8t

Jul 21, 2013
Hartlepool, UK
Would a uprated actuator make a difference after map or is it a myth for the standard turbo? As ive heard they hold power down when running hybrid applications?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.