Revo'd my LCR...and I spin, spin, spin!

Pavalova

Ok, just Revo'd my 2005 LCR after 2 weeks of ownership. I also purchased an SPS 2 to help with the security side of things. I love the power gains and the car certainly feels alive. However I have noticed that hard acceleration in gears 1 and 2 result in wheelspin, but NOT juddering (more of a controlled powerslide forward....best way of decribing it). The car is totally standard apart from the Revo and a Forge 007Dv and still uses the Pirelli P Zeros all round. I grasp the talk of changing the dog bone mount, and thats something I will most likely do, but the question I have is...the car is only 2hrs into its "reov life", will the car adapt and learn to put the power down better, and if not....anything I can do to help the car cope with the extra power?

(Why can I guess an answer is going to read "yes...accelerate slowly, then put your foot down!)

Cheers peeps! [B)]

virdi

Nov 12, 2006
Middlesex
Get some new tyres - Go for something like Michellon Pilot Sport's - They will make a fair amount of difference.

ND4SPD

Get some new tyres - Go for something like Michellon Pilot Sport's - They will make a fair amount of difference.

He will spin tires in 1st & 2nd gear even if he have Yokohama Advan A048 or Toyo R888...

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
will the car adapt and learn to put the power down better, and if not....anything I can do to help the car cope with the extra power?

(Why can I guess an answer is going to read "yes...accelerate slowly, then put your foot down!)

Cheers peeps! [B)]

You are trying to put 265bhp/290lbft through a system that cant handle it. FWD is way beyond its capability with this amount of power/torque.

My old CTR with 197bhp/147lbft used to spin in 1st/2nd gear aswell, so it shows you how much you have pushed and added to that boundary.

Wheelspin is inevitable, it gets better in the summer when it gets stickier but you'll still get it. Stickier tyres and DB mount help things but wont get rid of them!

The solution to this is, drive at part throttle just before break of traction in 1st and 2nd and find the limit for wheelspin. Your right foot is all that is needed;)

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
A cheap and easy way to help is fitting a dog bone engine mount as Mitchy says (around £80 for the full mount) couple that with some decent tyres (Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD 3 instead of the awfull Pirelli's) and you'll be amazed at the difference.

Spring is also coming and drier roads with less salt etc will also help no end.

Besides the LCR isn;t about accelration in 1st and 2nd gear it's 3rd/4th and 5th where it shines ;)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
maybe consider something like racelogic for full on traction control... (although you already have factory fitted TCS)
change up to 3rd sooner rather than later to "bog" it down

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I think the best thing you could do is adjust your driving style and use of the throttle to match the way the car performs now. Dial in the power gradually instead of using the throttle as an off-on switch and don't be afraid to back off the power if you're loosing traction. Experiment a bit and find out what works best,

Nov 28, 2006
I've tried the APR remap and it's the same story. I agree with the the other guys and you need to adjust your driving style. Other cars might get off the line quicker but when you get to 3rd and 4th you'll be right back on the pace.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I'd definitely change think about changing the tyres, but you certainly can't hoof it everywhere at this time of year - salt/grit/slimy roads and 270/FWD don't mix. Practically anything is better than the OE PZeros: Goodyear, Dunlops, Pilots - plenty of threads too, so a search will yield lots of opinion.

If you're not getting wheel hop, so the bogbone might not help, but it's definitely worth doing anyway.

Tyres and a sensitive right foot is the way forward.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.