Anyone any opinions on this, thinking of selling y'see :cry:

Anyone driven both got any comments?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
The LCR will feel a lot 'nicer' long distance

but will feel slower (because it will be) PWR and all that.

THe handling is more planted comparing std to std, but still nowhere near as good as it could be.

basically the mods you've done (remap & suspension) ideally need to be done to the LCR

also running costs are much more (brakes, tyres & fuel spring to mind)

But they're excellent once you get them sorted :)

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
originally wanted an LCR but price tag and insurance put me off so i got an ibiza instead

still love them now, perfect if i was starting a family as my ibiza is poor for rear leg room due to the padding on the bottom of the front seats???and also have a baby seat in the rear for my nephew and hes quite tall for 18months and he kicks the front seats

but as a drivers car, i think theres better choice out there now for a tad more money

CUPRA99

Sep 20, 2004
West Yorkshire
I used to own an Ibiza myself (not remapped) but have driven a remapped Ibiza. In my opinion the performance of a remapped Ibiza is very similar to the LCR but overall the LCR is a much better car, better brakes, 6 speed, more spacious etc. As for petrol my LCR is no worse than my Ibiza was as it doesnt need working as hard to get upto speed.

Go on get one, you wont be disappointed.

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
The only other alternative that ticks all the boxes is a Focus RS but they seem nowhere near as good value as the LCR. Possibley more capable out the box maybe. Not really keen on spending much on mods, that's the problem with the ibiza, my intended mod list is as long as my arm! For that money I could have a LCR.

Crossed the WRX off the list due to running costs.

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
CUPRA99 said:
I used to own an Ibiza myself (not remapped) but have driven a remapped Ibiza. In my opinion the performance of a remapped Ibiza is very similar to the LCR but overall the LCR is a much better car, better brakes, 6 speed, more spacious etc. As for petrol my LCR is no worse than my Ibiza was as it doesnt need working as hard to get upto speed.

Go on get one, you wont be disappointed.

Had a play with a Leon R (think it was a 210, chrome surround the S badge?) and there was absolutely nothing in it.

shaun06

alrite mate,that ibiza is sick ime thinking off having 1,got a 106 gti at the moment,what can u get out of an ibiza top end?

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
I wouldn't dare try tbh, pulls like a train at a ton though. 150 at a push?

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
On the dash ive seen 150+, but going by the revs/tyres/gearing it was more like 144. But it wil still going, all be it not that quickly.

shaun06

nice 1 for that info,how much money u talking for a low milage mk3?say about 30k on the clock? black looks the best colour looks mean!!

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
m0rk said:
The LCR will feel a lot 'nicer' long distance

but will feel slower (because it will be) PWR and all that.

THe handling is more planted comparing std to std, but still nowhere near as good as it could be.

I've driven both, and I'd agree with that totally.

Russ_20vt

Kitesurfing nut
Feb 4, 2005
T,Wells. Kent.
Personally once you get the LCR remapped you will prefer it. I had a play with an LCR and pulled away from it so going to a standard LCR i doubt you would be all to impressed as the bigger car will make it feel like your going slower.

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
shaun06 said:
thats not a bad price,just need sell my 106!!! then find 1.

Expect I'll be selling mine soon ;)

I'll struggle finding something as quick though.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.