Revo Stage 2 slower than Revo Stage 1

Pulsebassuk

BASS MAKER
Jul 15, 2004
Colchester Essex
:cry:

Hi guys and Gals,

Basically I just had my Revo stage 1 upgraded to Revo Stage 2 from Grants Seat which i must say they were great and really friendly.

trouble is my car feels slower. Where as before when I used to put my foot down in 2nd gear it used to torque steer like anything and felt really quick! Now it feels like boring :weedy: and slow even thou still quick ....just not as quick as before.

since Revo stage 2 my mate Seany K who has a REVO stage 2and similar mods can pull away fairly easily from rolling starts in 3rd and 4th gear and he hasnt even got a FMIC or Turbo Back System. Im sure before when I had a REVO 1 it was more of a battle.

Can any1 shed some light to these.

regards
James

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
As i said to sean mate as its my old ECU the settings where HB9 T9 with 5.25deg of timing added via lemmiwinks, but in thoery his car should pull back because he doesnt have the mods in place to cope with the higher settings.

Im betting your only running HB6 T6.

Stg2 to is alot more progressive compared to stg1 one so will feel abit slower rather than that big kick in the backside from stg1!

Looking at your mods you could proberly run the higher settings like i was, but you would need to log to confirm.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2004
Colchester, Essex
It really is getting about that ECU :lol:

James, as B3nny says, his old one (my one) is set up for higher timings, yours is stock settings, so with a bit of tinkery it should be much much better than it is now.

Mine is probably pulling back too, when I fit the FMIC this weekend, then get the TBE fitted the week after, it should prove more worth it, you can have a drive of mine to compare.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Sean, yours is going to go really well once the FMIC and TBE are fitted, your running pretty , much the same as i was..

Do a small test when you have it all fitted, from about 30mph in 4th plant it around to the redline (on your track) and see if you feel/hear anything odd.

Mine really pulled back when i done this and this boiled down to the fuel pump, im not sure if mine was on the way out or stg2 actully requires a 4bar pump as mine went like a new car once it was fitted.

Pulsebassuk

BASS MAKER
Jul 15, 2004
Colchester Essex
Well guys and gals... I bought an SPS 3 off ebay at £100 and made sure settings were the following.

Boost Adjustment > Mode 3: Range 9 (Aggressive Boost)
Fuel Adjustment > Mode 4: Range 9 (Performance AFR)
Timing Adjustment> Mode 5 : Range 6 (98 Ron or 93)

and to no avail. My car still seems slower especially when SeanyK who has similar modz and Myself did a rolling start from numerous gears. His pulls away even thou not by much but still pulls away and he doesnt even have a DP and sports cat where as I do. Is it the lemmiwinks?

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Stage 2 REVO im sure they do use a 4 bar fpr...

Found it odd that cc say they dont need it though for stage 2...

direct from revo....

Revo Stage 2 software has been developed to attain the best possible performance available from cars with simple aftermarket performance modifications. Stage 2 has been developed to use a 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, a quality aftermarket performance exhaust system and a good air intake induction kit or filter. Furthermore, our Stage 2 software can be used with a de-cat exhaust for race or track use. The tuning style is more aggressive than the basic Revo performance software, and will typically yield 10-15% more useable power. Working in conjunction with an SPS 3, Revo's Stage 2 software can be finely tuned to each customer's preference of drivability.

Required Hardware
A 4 bar fuel pressure regulator
A quality aftermarket performance exhaust system
A good air intake induction system or filter

Optional Hardware
A de-cat exhaust system for race or track use
An aftermarket diverter valve
Revo SPS 3

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.