• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Retrofit Electric Rear Window

FRSJack

Mar 21, 2019
Hi all, hope you're well?

Just wondering the process for retrofitting electric rear windows?

Could I simply buy a rear door loom, electric motor, door card and window switch from an Ibiza that had electric rear windows?

Would the rear loom simply plug in and work with the existing harness? I would imagine there would be coding involved and if I wanted control of the windows at the front I'd potentially need the front door loom along with the front switches

Any knowledge and help is appreciated!

Last edited:

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
Seems a lot of expense & work for little gain. All my cars, except 2, since around 1986 have had electric rear windows. In the other 8 were very rarely used, particularly since A/C or Climate Control has become a standard fitment.

FRSJack

Mar 21, 2019
Just to save somebody a few pennies I bought a loom from an Arona, a motor and a switch. Unfortunately just swapping the rear door loom and plugging the electric windows bits in does not work. Somthing else may be needed!

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members