Replacing rear car bulbs

Aug 16, 2024
Hi
I decided to replace the bulbs in my mk1 Leon as I refreshed the side indicators and and number plate lights. Unfortunately the dipped beams don’t work on either side and even with the old bulbs (?) I haven’t tried yet again to make sure if plugged them in correctly (did it last night) so could be wrong on that. The reverse lights, indicators work and the brake lights should work (I forgot to order them) but the original ones didn’t work yesterday when I tried them but maybe that could be another issue like plugging it in right (I did them last night and haven’t tried it again. Is there anything to check? I did take out the the tailgate bulb housing and sanded down the contact points as it looked like there was a lot of dirt/ not sure on the name. After that that is when the reverse lights worked (they didn’t) before.

TIA!

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi
I decided to replace the bulbs in my mk1 Leon as I refreshed the side indicators and and number plate lights. Unfortunately the dipped beams don’t work on either side and even with the old bulbs (?) I haven’t tried yet again to make sure if plugged them in correctly (did it last night) so could be wrong on that. The reverse lights, indicators work and the brake lights should work (I forgot to order them) but the original ones didn’t work yesterday when I tried them but maybe that could be another issue like plugging it in right (I did them last night and haven’t tried it again. Is there anything to check? I did take out the the tailgate bulb housing and sanded down the contact points as it looked like there was a lot of dirt/ not sure on the name. After that that is when the reverse lights worked (they didn’t) before.

TIA!
Try posting/searching in the Mk1 Leon threads of the SEAT car forums, as this section is for Website problems nor car faults.