Replacement panoramic roof frame

stuuuey

Feb 26, 2024
Morning guys! I have a problem! My Cupra Leon 300 needs a new panoramic roof frame and Seat are refusing to put it through a warranty claim for me, even though the roof was creaking pretty much from day dot! Cut a long story short I have complained to customer services and I guess there's a small chance of getting some sort of contribution to it but wondered whether anyone on here knew how tricky a job it would be or if anyone knew someone who'd do it for less than the 2 £2500 quotes I have received! Any advice appreciated 👍

ViperSlider

Mar 26, 2024
Cardiff, S.Wales
It's a pig of a job. If you find anyone that wants to do it they will charge accordingly as it's not a quick or easy job plus the roof frame will cost a fortune too.

ViperSlider

Mar 26, 2024
Cardiff, S.Wales
They superseded the part in 2016 so in theory we should both have the newer part fitted... Not that it makes a difference as mine creaks too lol

1727512031012.png

1727512051371.png

ViperSlider

Mar 26, 2024
Cardiff, S.Wales
Mine started off as a mild creak now it's insane....wish I'd never bought the bloody thing!!!
Yeah mine is mild, I've done some maintenance on it which helped but I want to do a full strip down and check over on it in the near future, make sure everything is tight and greased. The frame has 18 bolts holding it in so want to check they are all secured and at the correct torque too.

Anything short of replacing the frame really lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.