Repeated injector problems with my SEAT Leon 1.6tdi 2011

Aug 13, 2024
Hello all and greetings from Portugal with my Leon that I imported from the UK. Over the past several years I've had no end of problems with failing injectors. To date I've had to change 6, all done at Seat dealers in UK, France, Spain and Portugal! Always replaced with original pars. Just returned from a trip to the UK and the car made it to Calais then went into limp home mode. Got no 3 injector replaced in the UK. On the way home, yesterday, same thing has happened again in Spain . Managed to limp across the border into Portugal then got relayed home. Has anyone got any idea why this keeps happening? Car has only done 75,000 miles and is regularly serviced.
Many thanks 🙏

olly986

Jun 13, 2017
Hey, don't have a reason put had problem in spain with crap fuel that really upsetted my injectors, after running a few tanks with additives, problem went but I still use additives once every six months

Reactions: malharley
Aug 13, 2024
Hey, don't have a reason put had problem in spain with crap fuel that really upsetted my injectors, after running a few tanks with additives, problem went but I still use additives once every six months
That's a good idea in fact I've already ordered some. I'll use it regularly from now on and see if it makes any difference

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.