• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Removing Cabin intake plastic

Oct 25, 2024
Good evening ...long time lurker, first time poster!

My car got sprayed teh other day with tar or something so i ended up using the Obliterate product from Auto Finesse lst Saaturday (19/10). I poured the solution onto the windscreen and let it dissolve the tar before rubbing off. What i hadnt envisaged is that some of the solution running into the hole where my wiper blade is. This obviously is the cabin air intake and my car now smells of this stuff....i wouldn't normally worry but the bottle says that long term or repeated exposure can lead to organ failure(!). So I want to clean what i can (will also replace cabin filter but i have done that before) and thought about removing the cover. I removed the rubber seal that runs across the image below and it looks like i would need to remove the wiper blades, but beyond that i don't know how to get the cover off - it seems 'wedged' between the windscreen and body panel. Can any one help with instructions - youtube and web searches are drawing a blank.

On a separate note, has anyone used this Obliterate stuff before? The smell i think is gone now, but Auto Finesse cant tell me if the car is safe to drive or not nd say to clean out what i can.

cover.jpeg

Thanks
Graham

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.