• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Remapped K03s boost-pressure??

Jan 29, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Hello, Im now the proud owner of a sorted Octavia vRS...

Its got a Jabba remap, hyperboost DV. EVOMS intake and full turboback blueflame zorst and sports cat.

It has a boost gauge and im just curious as to what boost these things should make when remapped? - it usually holds at just under 17psi at 3krpm and then starts to drop off around 5k to about 10psi nr the redline..

I see some threads on here mention 20+psi from K03s cars so just wondering if theres possibly something wrong with mine?

Nautilus

Dec 9, 2006
Bucharest, Romania
K03S will hold an absolute limit of boost of 1.7bar (25psi), this is the point where turbo damage starts.

However, some tuners claim that small size of K03S wheels do not allow for a continuous high boost at high rpm, and therefore seek to improve acceleration and performance in general by pushing maximum possible boost around 3000-4000rpm where the turbo design is most efficient, even if top horsepower are not much increased. The result is a power curve flat as a table from ~4000 to ~7000rpm, like my Leon does (>183bhp continuously and a huge boost spike between 3000-4000rpm where torque surpasses 320Nm (236lb/ft). The effect is a medium power over the rpm range comparable to a Mk IV R32.

Obviously a remap which resembles factory programming but with slightly higher boost will provide for higher top horsepower and torque in normal limits, not to mention higher top speed, but some tuners seek acceleration at all costs, for both drag racing and "butt dyno sensation" - that is, to impress naive customers

If you're happy with acceleration times, top speed, throttle response and in-gear acceleration, don't bother, a reputable tuner knew what he was doing :)

~Nautilus

jamiebennett81

that sounds like a very gradual, if not almost linear remap on your car

although it is not an agrressive map which it does not appear to be, then I should have thought it would hold onto the boost for longer, as in more than 10psi over 5k

Nautilus

Dec 9, 2006
Bucharest, Romania
Revive this thread since the car has got some mods in the mean time (large SMIC, downpipe, self-made induction kit, TIP)

Boost spikes at 1.6bar (23.5psi) around 3500 rpm and turbocharger holds boost as follows, indicated by boost gauge:

1.5bar to 4500rpm
1.4bar to 5000rpm
1.3bar to 5500rpm
>1.1bar from 6000rpm to above the redline

Boost at high rpm may appear unimpressive, yet 1.1bar at 6000rpm means the engine sucks 22440 liters of air each minute, compared to 20036 liters at full boost and 4500rpm

~Nautilus

Jul 2, 2024
Revive this thread since the car has got some mods in the mean time (large SMIC, downpipe, self-made induction kit, TIP)

Boost spikes at 1.6bar (23.5psi) around 3500 rpm and turbocharger holds boost as follows, indicated by boost gauge:

1.5bar to 4500rpm
1.4bar to 5000rpm
1.3bar to 5500rpm
>1.1bar from 6000rpm to above the redline

Boost at high rpm may appear unimpressive, yet 1.1bar at 6000rpm means the engine sucks 22440 liters of air each minute, compared to 20036 liters at full boost and 4500rpm

~Nautilus
Hello old tread o now... What is better for tip end to crank the Wastegate or to use electronic boost controller?

Jul 2, 2024
Good evening, I have a Leon FR, auq engine I want to do stage 2, I have an exhaust of 70-63.5 with a free catalyst, 200 cells, 4 bars for and tIP, and I am thinking of changing the wastegate forge or putting an electric boost controller, which have about the same price? The goal is to keep 1.1 in the redline or even 1 bar and over I don't want more than 1.5bar because reduce quickly the lifespan or k03s
Won't I get a better constant pressure range with the boost controller? I don't have money to buy those together so I want to buy one of this but I don't know what is the best choice

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.