• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Refreshing suspension and future maintenance

Aug 16, 2024
Hey, I need some advice on what to do.

Now that the major mechanical servicing is done, I’m planning to update the suspension next year after tackling the timing belt. If anyone has recommendations for the best brand kit, or knows of any ancillary parts to replace along with the belt—like the aux belt, stretch bolts, etc.—let me know.

Currently, I have JOM coilovers, which are budget from my research and not the most comfortable to daily, so I’m looking to switch back to OEM suspension for comfort—the roads here aren’t the best, and I’m nearly scraping the car on each bump. I’m considering Bilstein B4 shocks (around £200 for a set) with LCR springs to keep it slightly lowered but still OEM. If that doesn’t work, I could go with OEM/B3 springs instead. Anyone know if LCR springs will fit my Cupra? I have the 180 BHP 20VT model.

TIA!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members