• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Refitted dash after crash, SAFE displayed on clocks and no start

h4mza

Sep 17, 2016
Hi, have a 2007 Seat Leon FR which was in a crash with both airbags deployed. Car still start and drove fine, I drove it home 12 miles at night with no coolant loss or any lights on dash except seat belts not working. Next day I parked the car up in driveway and removed the dashboard as I was on my way to pick a replacement the same evening but I got let down by seller. I then decided I'll look for a donor car for parts.

I bought a new car for time being.

Now 6 months later, I bought a cheap donor car for parts which is a 1.9 tdi. So I'm trying to start the FR to move it and make space to park the 1.9 tdi.

The issue I'm having is, speedometer displays SAFE and it cranks but no start. It did once start for 2 seconds then it cut out.

The dashboard isn't fully connected, the radio, heater controls, cig lighter etc isn't connected. I've been told this is not important as my issue is with immobiliser but why?

Owned this car 5 years and always started. I don't have spare key. One thing I noticed is, when I shut the doors and press lock/unlock on remote, the clocks don't flash green indicator arrows

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.