• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here
  • Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Model Year 21/22 Rear view side assist warning.

Dec 31, 2023
Hi ,
I have a rear view side assist amber warning on my car. How can I pinpoint where the fault is coming from. Is it the rear radar sensors behind the rear bumper or could it be a fault camera on the wing mirrors. Since my last post I have replaced the rear view reversing camera bit this has not resolved the problem. Seat dealer is wanting a kings ransom to repair.
Any help would be appreciated.

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
The Side Assist has control units, which are radar sensors, in the rear bumper on the left and right.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240926-114943.png
    Screenshot_20240926-114943.png
    178.2 KB · Views: 27
Dec 31, 2023
Thanks for your reply. Can the control units and sensors be checked using diagnostic equipment to see where the fault lies without the removal of the rear bumper. Could a faulty wing mirror camera bring up this alarm.

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
Did I write something about the camera? This is only for the 360° view, anything else would be new to me personally. Yes, off to the workshop to check the error log, otherwise carry out calibration.

A lot of information is also included in the manual. You can download it online

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.