Rear footwell lights

notpeppe

Jun 6, 2024
Hi everyone

A while back i installed a footwell light kit with 12ish colors, controlled by one remote. Now i finally managed to wire up the rear footwell light aswell, and I am very pleased with the result
1C7B3DAA-F32B-4C25-A44D-4977495C17D2.jpeg

I've finally managed to get an ObdEleven scanner as well. When reading the errors for the first time, the footwell lightning showed up. Error code B11FF01.
IMG_0314.png

I tried deleting it, but it being a static code it cannot be deleted.
I'm not that concerned about it to be honest, but i was wondering why exactly this is. Is it because i replaced the original lights with some knock-off chinese ones? Is it because i wired in more lights? Or maybe a combination of both?

While scrolling around in ObdEleven i found following option under Central Electrics -> Leuchte30FR LC72:

IMG_0312.jpeg

It looks like it's possible to set how many 5W lamps are present...has anyone tried setting this to 4 * 5W after retrofitting the lamps? Did it solve the issue or does it just do nothing?

Thanks a lot in advance!

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
As above, the error is there because it is set to 2*5W which is normal filament bulbs. Set to 36 - LED Kleinleistung to tell the car that LED's are fitted.
No problem with the number of LED units fitted, I have my rear footwell lamps simply piggybacked to the same side's fronts with twin core cables, so the rear on the drivers side is literally connected direct to the front driver's side, same on the passenger side, recoded for LED and all works well without any errors showing

Attachments

• 20190419_205140.jpg
    20190419_205140.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 46
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.