Rear brakes screwed

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
Got my rear caliper off, got the new disc on and now cant get the pads in, the piston is sitting right out, and cant get it back in! Anyone know which way it winds back in?? PLEASE HELP no car atm as I have no rear brakes! :cry:

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
I gathered that much but managed to do one side fine then the passenger side is an issue as the piston doesnt want to go back in!

And I now have no car to get a wind back tool lol

Jammy

Jan 24, 2004
I changed brakes over today, and left put the pads in then pressed them as hard as I could untill it returned back to the original position. It was very stiff and took a while to do. I dont know if putting the caliper up high helped, but it was put up on the suspension while i cleaned the disc up and stuff, they seemed easier after this, but it might have just been my mind.

Take the cap off the resivoir too before doing this.

Failing that, try what mork says.

Also, the hand break is off yeah? You might need to slacken the cable though I'm not too sure as I dont have rear discs.

JAmes

Ibiza Cupra

Don't have rear discs?????? Wot on earth have you got??? Drums????? I your talking about changing fron pads then you can just push them back in. Rears are different.

Jammy

Jan 24, 2004
aint got a cupra :(

Sorry, are the majorly different? if so how? Anything to do with the hand brake?

Ibiza Cupra

I knew you were gonna ask dat!!! And your right, the handbrake runs off it as well.

mintyWRX

Apr 15, 2006
Hi mate - ever solved the seized piston issue - I have a similar problem on my rears - wont wind back in for love or money :( Fronts pushed in "very" easily by comparison.

Feb 25, 2007
stroud
the piston winds back clock wise lots of wd40 and a decent caliper windback tool like SYCKES PICAVANT (EXCUSE THE SPEELING)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise