RAM AIR Induction Kit?

hardyj

Snake
Jun 6, 2005
Southampton
Hi all,

After reading up on a few threads about what Induction Kit to use it appears that the RAM AIR is the overall best choice for value/quality. Unless anyone here has a different opinion.... please speak up.

Anyway.....does anyone recommend anywhere in particular that I should get one from? Is there a specific model? Sorry bit of a virgin to the modding world.

What price should I expect to pay?

:think:

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
Get the MaxFlow kit from Bill @ Badger5.

Nice kits, loudest of the bunch, lots of sucky whooshy noises :)

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
ive got one of these and it sounds good with revo and a forge d/v, its like having darth vader in your glove box, I have got used to it now and just love the sound, really good going under bridges etc :funk:

*edit* not saying this is better then the others, I purchased mine through a group buy on here, I decided on price at the end of the day.

Badger5 on here is your man to contact for one of these.

Last edited:

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
Mine is really loud in-car but I don't think it's very audible outside. Too much under-bonnet insulation?

chriz1

Dec 13, 2005
bmc for performance and a nice sound but not that loud if that loud if thats what your after

hardyj

Snake
Jun 6, 2005
Southampton
chriz1 said:
bmc for performance and a nice sound but not that loud if that loud if thats what your after

Don't know too much about them?

How do they compare to RAM AIR induction kit and what's the difference in cost? :confused:

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
Iv got a RAM AIR brought from the group buy on here :). I love the sound it makes and find myself driving with the radio off just to listen to it...

HOWEVER

I had to re make my bracket that fits to the battery tray as it actually snapped the plasic bolt hole off the side of the air flow sensor housing, and then when fitting the cold air feed to the front grill a second bracket was needed to stiffen the thin end as i found the RAM AIR to flop about a lot under the bonnet, and this worried me as i didnt wanna kill my MAF...

But if you dont mind a 20 min fix then i would HIGHLY recommend this as it sounds awesome...Good luck with you choice :)

Matt

hardyj

Snake
Jun 6, 2005
Southampton
smoothuk said:
Iv got a RAM AIR brought from the group buy on here :). I love the sound it makes and find myself driving with the radio off just to listen to it...

HOWEVER

I had to re make my bracket that fits to the battery tray as it actually snapped the plasic bolt hole off the side of the air flow sensor housing, and then when fitting the cold air feed to the front grill a second bracket was needed to stiffen the thin end as i found the RAM AIR to flop about a lot under the bonnet, and this worried me as i didnt wanna kill my MAF...

But if you dont mind a 20 min fix then i would HIGHLY recommend this as it sounds awesome...Good luck with you choice :)

Matt

Would you have a step by step guide on how to do that?

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
I can go take a photo mate, and post it, the pic would kinda explain it all...give me 10 mins mate and i will go and do it now for you.

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
RAMAIR.jpg

The red circle is the bit that broke, and the yellow outlined bits are the new brackets that i had to make....hope this is clear enough, and self explanitory...if you need any help feel free to ask and i will do the best i can....

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
Best way I found to secure/isolate my filter was to fit a long piece of tubing up to the front so it holds it kinda steady (tight ish) and then (don't laugh) wedge a common car sponge under the intake end of the filter/tubing to hold it firmly in place. Works superbly and isolates vibration from the maf.

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
Yeah i was wondering if i need to add a more substantial rubber damper on there....may get round to it..The sponge may look pikie but at least it does the job.....could you not russle something up?? im crap at that stuff and i managed a succesful bodge..:)

do we all agree that the fixing brackets are a bit naff and could be improved thou?????

chriz1

Dec 13, 2005
bmc is a noticeable gain in performance and a nice sound little bit more expensive than the ram air at £185 but worth the extra money if its performance your after.

hardyj

Snake
Jun 6, 2005
Southampton
chriz1 said:
bmc is a noticeable gain in performance and a nice sound little bit more expensive than the ram air at £185 but worth the extra money if its performance your after.

Where would you recommend purchasing a BMC kit?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.