question for those running the 18" optional alloys

adam001

Contact patch will always be the same regardless of the tyre size used, so always use the standard figures

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
35F 32R. check every 1-2 months. i think? I do whatever is the light load figures in the filler cap.

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
thanks guys, i'm 32/29 normally, just wondered as i know some folk can be a fair bit up or down from recommended. could be wrong but i also doubt the majority do as you're supposed to when carrying a full load i.e. increase pressures ... or if they do do they remember to change them back!

actually, from some tyres i see i wonder if some folk check their pressures from one year to the next!!

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
actually, from some tyres i see i wonder if some folk check their pressures from one year to the next!!

It always amazes me when I see the state of some peoples tyres! A friend of mine was running on pretty much bald tyres.. She said she didn't know how to check the pressure and even after I showed her she still won't do it herself, she always waits for me to come with her and do it! Have finally managed to get her to change the tyres so shes got some tread now at least after a bit of nagging and telling her she'd get 3 points a corner for the old ones!

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
just a note on something that caught me out - i go by the recommended 32/29 but reckoned that any probs would be flagged up by the tyre pressure warning system. at my service, my fronts were down to 24 and it didnt show as both were the same pressure. and i should know better :redface:
also, our workshop tools have to be calibrated and its scary how inaccurate some filling station gauges can be ;)

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
just a note on something that caught me out - i go by the recommended 32/29 but reckoned that any probs would be flagged up by the tyre pressure warning system. at my service, my fronts were down to 24 and it didnt show as both were the same pressure. and i should know better :redface:
also, our workshop tools have to be calibrated and its scary how inaccurate some filling station gauges can be ;)

I also noticed that most filling stations gauges are not calibrated correctly. I just use a good old £5 air compressor and a separate digital tyre pressure gauge from Halfrauds:D.

Again I also run 32/29 on 19" Tyres and there appears to be normal wear on them since December '08.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.