Power Steering pump replacement

Mar 28, 2022
Just wondering if anyone has replaced a power steering pump, my son’s car is a 2010 Ibiza and the power steering pump has a really bad leak that looks like it’s coming from a seal around the centre of the pump, I have sourced another from a similar year but now wondering if it will have a same ECU code.

If it isn’t the same code, can the new one be recoded to the car and does the coding from the old pump need recorded to transfer onto the new pump?

pretty confident on changing them over, just the coding I don’t fully understand.

any tips on removing and refitting or information on the coding would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'd agree that you should copy or at least record the coding of the original pump, same for the replacement in case it is helpful later on.

The only advice is to buy the correct type of fluid, turn the wheels form side to side to help the system purge itself of air.

I'm guessing that that car would have the "extra" steering wheel position device under the steering wheel - used only to activate the fogs as extra front lights at low speeds, so that lead would still need plugging into the next pump even if that pump had a cover fitted to that connector.

Reactions: Ken0099
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.