Poor Potenza's

IanSo

Hi, at the end of Jan 07 i replaced my front tyres with Bridgestone Potenza S- O2, they are directional. well now i'm looking for replacements as they are done after less than 10,000 miles!! both have worn evenly and they have not been driven hard. my 130 tdi leon gives my 650 to 700 miles per tank.

my local SEAT dealer told me this week that they have had numerous complaints about this tyre and have passed the info to SEAT Uk to deal with. they no longer advise this tyre to be fitted.

my wife has a 130 leon and has Bridgestone Turanza ER 30, on which have done a similar mileage and are still above 6mm.

any thoughts welcome.

Ian

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Goodyear F1 GSD3, Toyo T1-R, Dunlop SP Sport Maxx and even Falken FK452 are all excellent tyres worth considering. I have the Dunlop SP Sport Maxx and they are truly superb tyres, grip in the dry and wet is amazing.

IanSo

cheers, think i will go with the Turanza as Michelle got around 32k out of her first set and the current ones are doing good. not sure what SEAT Uk will do about this and i thought it odd that they are looking into it. would still like to hear other folks views on this.

Ian

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Personally would recommend a different Potenza model. Heard nothing but low-stamina complains about the 02s.. So you're not alone. Interesting to hear SEAT UK are taking it seriously.

Try the RE050a or above. Awesome stuff.

IanSo

thanks for the advice. local SEAT dealer is currently advising not to use Potenza full stop. so will go back to Turanza as its give us good service. whislt good all weather road holding is important to me, so is a long tyre life as i do a fair few miles each week.

Ian

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.