Picking my Cupra up Monday

jakesbrakes

Rapid old fart
Jun 23, 2010
Bexhill on sea
Getting my 2nd Cupra on Thursday

This time in red with a dab radio, front and rear parking things and hopefully a space saver spare, bugger the idea of a foam kit.
This follows a 5 month affair with the 1.4tsi act Fr Ibiza. Brilliant engine let down by a pig of a gear box and the b##### stop start which drove me nuts. Yes, I know it can be turned off, but that's not the actual experience.
The earlier Cupra had all the reported problems and had an exchange engine. But I just gave up in the end and went for a 2013 Leon Fr Tdi 2.0 with the DSG box, which I am really looking forward to having again.
As this looks like the end of the line for the present Ibiza am hopeful that its going to benefit from progressive improvements. Its reassuring that VAG group have not dropped the engine although the Skoda Vrs is no more.
Understand the 2015 year Polo Gti will also continue with the engine, but think/told that will come with a manual gear box.. If this is the case then I think they have made a big mistake. The DSG if used with a bit of intelligence is a excellent bit of kit. Am really looking forward to this latest/last version.
Will update in fullness of time.
Jake. Rapid old fart. Bexhill on sea.:p

jakesbrakes

Rapid old fart
Jun 23, 2010
Bexhill on sea
I stand corrected.. Looks as if the 2015 Cupra is going to be even more unique.
As Seat appear to follow VW with its range it could be most likely that the 2016 model change year cars will also have the 1.8 Tsi engine..
At no doubt a hike in the price.
I've always held the opinion that the last of any series of cars generally are the best. :funk:

PS. Has anyone any idea just how many twin charger Cupras are on the road ?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members