Philips X-Treme Power +80%

Xe

Fitted these tonight, took a before and after photo, but it does not really do it justice with the underground garage lighting. The light is definitely brighter and whiter But I thought they would maybe be a bit brighter, maybe thats a good thing as I dont think it will blind other drivers. But glad I didn't bother with the +50% bulbs. :funk:

Click the image below to see an animated gif ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Xe

Ok I have been driving with these for about a month now, all I can say is, they make a big difference. Well worth it ;)

Xe

H7 for dipped beam, H1 for full beam.
I only changed the dipped, as I hardly ever get a chance to use full beam.

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
Anyone tried the H1 Phillips 50% plus, tempted to go for these as well, though saying that when the full beam is on I find the light good quality already..

JonoUK

Apr 29, 2007
North Yorkshire
I don't know how to change the bulbs on the leon, but on previous cars it's been possible to put the bulb in, in a way you think is straight..and it clips in ok, but when you come to use the lights the beam's all over the place and needs to be reseated.

Maybe best to do it when you can see where the beam's going (which means somewhere around night :))?

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
I ordered these so will be interesting to see what the result is.. also im disapointed int he colour of the sidelights, its a very dull yellow colour, free with any bulbs you order are white sidelights, so thats a bonus too.. ill report back my findings when they arrive..

processpaul

Nov 24, 2006
Brighton
Halfords are doing their super brilliance bulb with buy one get one free so they willl be cheaper than ebay or mail order.

I have these 50% brighter ones in my Altea they make a huge difference to standard ones.

Changing the bulbs is quite easy if you have small hands and have done ones on golfs before.

First slide the metal clips that hold the plastic covers on outwards and remove the cover.
Then push the clip on the bulb in towards the front of the car
Then slide it left or right cant remember which!

cheers

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.