• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here
  • Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Model Year 21/22 PHEV battery not holding charge

Oct 3, 2024
I have just recently taken delivery of a Formentor VZ2 hybrid, which I'm mostly enjoying. It's my first plug-in car, so I'm still getting used to things a bit. I've been charging from a home 3 pin socket, as I'm still not confident in knowing which commercial chargers are compatible.

Anyhow... I've noticed the charge seems to disappear overnight. Yesterday, I parked up with 60% charge on the battery. This morning it was 48%, and by the time I got to the end of the road, it was 44%. This seems a little excessive.

Are my batteries shot? Or is there something I'm not understanding about hybrids?

I have put recuperation to the high setting, and I find sometimes I can increase the charge by 5%, and sometimes, the same journey will suck 5 or 10% off of the charge.

Have I bought a lemon?

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
I find my Leon does act a bit strange but then you need to take into account that 5% of a full charge (probably no more than 23 miles) is only just over a mile of range. I leave the recuperation to automatic but use the battery level slider if I want to gain some charge on a journey - this seems to work really well. I haven't lost charge overnight so that might be something to look at - you haven't got a journey departure thing set up have you?

Oct 3, 2024
When I turn it off, it does say something about next departure at 06:20, but I have no idea where it's getting that from.
I can't register myself as the primary user at the moment (one key fob is broken and the dealership is messing me around about getting it fixed), so maybe it's something I don't have access to right now.
I've got another day or so to decide to return it for a full refund, so, I might do that if the Seat place don't suddenly get more helpful in the next 24 hours.

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
I parked up with 60% charge on the battery. This morning it was 48%,
It's really a lot of SoC decrease, I've never seen on mine 12% gone - not even at -10 Celsius...

You mentioned the car was set to prepare for departure at 06:20. What time was it when you found the battery at 48%? Is it possible that the car was heating the cabin in preparation for the "planned departure" and thus use some percentage of the battery? What was the outside temperature and what was the one set on the climate control?
I'm asking because during winter, when I'm preheating the cabin before departure at outside temps close to zero Celsius, with 20-22 set inside the car - it uses about 5% of the battery in 5-10 minutes.

The relevant test would be to switch Off all the departure times, the SoC should not decrease overnight.

Lecatona HPFP (High-pressure Fuel Pump Upgrades)