Passenger door jammed shut, electrically faulty?

Aug 7, 2024
Hi guys.

After much grief and searching forums on how to open my door with the locking mechanism unreactive to anything I try, how in the case I am in would I get my door open?

I have removed basically everything (see pictures) from the door and now the only things attached are literally the locking mech and the actual door. I have tried penetrant spray to see if there was moisture trapped as this has worked on other electrical items before but no luck.

The door does not open when the cable is pulled from the inside and handle from the outside simultaneously, and pushing the tabs that the cable push on to beyond the fully open position does nothing.

Short of destroying the door I have no clue what comes next in terms of attempts to open it. Apart from paying a real man to do it ofcourse.

I don’t believe it’s the central locking system as the rest of the doors work.

I am going to replace fuses and hope this does something but not holding out on that.

Any help at all will be super appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0372.jpeg
    IMG_0372.jpeg
    592 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0373.jpeg
    IMG_0373.jpeg
    696.5 KB · Views: 51

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Removed and reconnected the plug?
Same with the battery?
Outer door cable doesn't even work if you do it from inside with your fingers?

Aug 7, 2024
Removed and reconnected the plug?
Same with the battery?
Outer door cable doesn't even work if you do it from inside with your fingers?
Removed and reconnected the plug, battery has been unplugged and reconnected since this problem started, and no not even with fingers.

It feels as if it has failed in the default lock position as in central locked, so it won’t open without being electronically unlocked, if that makes sense?

Or something isn’t moving on the first pull from the inside to allow the second pull to unlock

Apr 20, 2022
Having same problem. Door decided to deadlock, I have managed to get the top part of door card off, wondering how to get the rest off and what to do next? I have all spares from my donor car so any help would be appreciated let me know how you get on fella

Aug 7, 2024
Having same problem. Door decided to deadlock, I have managed to get the top part of door card off, wondering how to get the rest off and what to do next? I have all spares from my donor car so any help would be appreciated let me know how you get on fella
Yes mate it’s a ******* but it isn’t as hard as you think to get the bottom screws out of the door card, I just had to put the seat back and unscrew the screws from the front of the plastic bit on the bottom of the seat to bend it out of the way.

There is a detailed explanation on this page:

It begins with “STOP!!!!!” 😂

It sounds like his came off easy once at the stage I’m at but

Hope this helps, we’ll be in the same boat when you get there haha

Mar 25, 2024
Yes mate it’s a ******* but it isn’t as hard as you think to get the bottom screws out of the door card, I just had to put the seat back and unscrew the screws from the front of the plastic bit on the bottom of the seat to bend it out of the way.

There is a detailed explanation on this page:

It begins with “STOP!!!!!” 😂

It sounds like his came off easy once at the stage I’m at but

Hope this helps, we’ll be in the same boat when you get there haha
Ah is it the rear door your having bother with? Mine is front, I'm pulling as hard as I can cos I ain't arsed about it breaking as I have a replacement but no joy. Think I might need to take a grinder to it lol

Aug 7, 2024
Ah is it the rear door your having bother with? Mine is front, I'm pulling as hard as I can cos I ain't arsed about it breaking as I have a replacement but no joy. Think I might need to take a grinder to it lol
No, mine is the front too. I used a torx bit on a little screwdriver extention. See pics and you’ll see I removed the plastic and bent it up allowing space to get to the second torx screw

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    915.5 KB · Views: 34
Mar 25, 2024
No, mine is the front too. I used a torx bit on a little screwdriver extention. See pics and you’ll see I removed the plastic and bent it up allowing space to get to the second torx screw
I can't even make sense of what you have done here haha 😂 grinder it is

Mar 25, 2024
Haha I figured it out lol took the trim bit off the bottom yeah, how many screws need taking out I can feel 2 lol?

Aug 7, 2024
Haha I figured it out lol took the trim bit off the bottom yeah, how many screws need taking out I can feel 2 lol?
Yeah it’s two, you can see them if you shine a light, bare in mind I put the seat back all the way and reclined it all the way, led upside down so I could get my head as close to the floor as possible

Mar 25, 2024
Yeah it’s two, you can see them if you shine a light, bare in mind I put the seat back all the way and reclined it all the way, led upside down so I could get my head as close to the floor as possible
Ideal man lol, what was problem with your door then? I took locking mechanism off my other Leon, grabbed all 4 just incase as my rear passenger decided it's stopped opening from the inside now aswell. MOT in couple weeks aswell lol

Aug 7, 2024
Ideal man lol, what was problem with your door then? I took locking mechanism off my other Leon, grabbed all 4 just incase as my rear passenger decided it's stopped opening from the inside now aswell. MOT in couple weeks aswell lol
Mine is just stuck on deadlock, tried operating both unlocks on key and drivers door whilst pulling and pushing from the outside and inside (two people). Tried pulling both handles too with a bit of vibration from a powerful massage gun I happened to have suggested by @Alexis27 but no luck with any😡

Think a bit of force is needed next

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Really is a pita to open doors with a deadlock mechanism. Did you tried do disengage the safety lock? It is that upper pin that goes up to the hole on the door card - it is usually attached with a plastic plug to the mechanism circled in green.
1723193736931.png

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
I watched this video: LINK to learn how the locks works. On minute 4:04 I think that pin alignment inside could be the problem - maybe it brooked or sliped.
See if it helps to know where to pull.

Aug 7, 2024
So the lock wouldn’t move with any of this pushing and pulling, and it wouldn’t unlock or lock or even make a sound when plugged in.

After spraying it with water displacer it started moving with the key lock and open buttons while plugged in so then after much pulling and pushing and button mashing managed to finally open the door! Buzzing!
IMG_0556.jpeg

So I replaced the lock mech and closed the door expecting it to open again, then stuck back to square 1. The door is jammed shut again, luckily this new lock was in better condition so didn’t take as long to pull/push/button mash open.

Turns out the door was being restricted by a small metal plate over the ring that the mech latches onto, rubbing against the door and stopping the mech from operating correctly -
IMG_0558.jpeg

IMG_0560.jpeg

IMG_0559.jpeg

So after removing this metal plate all was well, opened and closed like a dream! I am frustrated but happy that it costed only £24 in parts I didn’t really need, instead of £500.

Thanks for all the help!

• Wow
Reactions: Battoussai