Overheating - advice required

Sep 20, 2024
Hello. I use to use forums a number of years ago. I have signed up in the hope someone may be able to give advice.

I have a 2018 seat leon 1.5tsi. The gearbox bolt dropped out the other week when the family was on holiday. The subsequent engine rock damaged the bottom radiator hose, and it dropped all coolant. The aa arrived patched the hose but missed the engine rocking. So it damaged the hose again and dropped its coolant. Once home I found the reason fir the engine rocking. Since then, I have replaced the bolt and lower coolant pipe, but within 30 of start up, the fan kicks in, and it states it's overhearing.

I scanned it and a code P2B61 same up. Searching for it, the code is for an Engine Coolant Flow Control Valve Stuck Closed. I called seat to get the part but they had no note of such a part.

I had considered it was the auxiliary water pump.

Does anyone have a rough idea of a possible part fault?

Thanks in advance from a old school car enthusiast.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
There is a Coolant regulator - number 52.
Part number 05E121111AB from the 1.5tsi PR:TJ7,T3K
Not sure if that's your problem?

05E907593 is the adjuster unit on its own.

1726826554037.png

I'm guessing now! but maybe this black plastic contrivance on the end could be stuck/seized?
Maybe it's just lost its position?, maybe with your engine rocking about it damaged the wiring harness to control it, or it damaged the actual unit?
I presume it electrically controls a coolant valve in the pump housing -
1726826767668.png

Sep 20, 2024
Thanks for the feedback Jegojon and SuperV8. I will review both possibilites. I can see the coolant regulator is a whole unit rather than a possible end section replacement which probably means expensive but i will check signal feed first. Once I get it sorted I will feedback incase anyone else ends up with such a situation. Thanks again.

Reactions: Legojon
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members