over fueling

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
could anyone help me on this? ive changed maf sensor, coil packs, plugs, ecu had all the wires checked, air filter and now ive run out of ideas on what it could be? if i change the plugs it runs ok for about 40 miles but after that it starts to missfire and then it cuts out when it tries to idle. please can someone help.:cry: [:@]

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Check your TIP. Jonzy's inlet pipe was coming off and was gettin a misfire under load.

Mine was the same when my TIP came off the turbo.

Idle it, wiggle the tip and see if it stalls or changes the idle.

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
had lamba sensor come up on vagcom about 2months ago but put it on about a week ago and only the missfires comes up and no engine management light comin on. gettin real p****d off now havent give it some abuse for about 6months now

Last edited:

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
when i wiggle the tip it missfires and tries to stall and it does cut out now and again. no codes as yet goin for diag later on tonight

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
what was your car behaving like? i took it down dubuisness yesterday for a diag and he said get a new air mass meter if that doesnt cure it then it must be down to the remap. has anyone put a s3 one on and does it improve it much in any way? the car doesnt boost tidy either it runs half tidy it builds up ok until about 2-2.5revs then it feells like the engine is goin to jump out of the car

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Down to your remap, well educated guess there.

Will have **** all to do with your MAF if your TIP is off.

If i wiggled mine it would stall or splutter. Just have a look.

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
checked the tip not a problem by my standard. just ran a check on the part no on the maf and its off a fabia vrsdiesel!!!!! has anyone know of anywhere i can get one cheap? that has most certenly got to be it

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
try unplugging the MAF and driving the car, does it drive fine with it unplugged?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.