Osram Siverstar Bulbs - LCR

grasshopper

aarrhhhh so
Nov 11, 2003
North East Hants
Visit site
Just thought I'd mention how good the Osram Silverstar replacement H7 bulbs have been in the LCR.
Initially installed them a while ago and wasn't convinced that there was much difference to oem. The angle of the beam appeared to be too great & only covered a very small area right in front of the car.
Car was serviced last Friday so got the stealers to check the alignment of the beam - it was all over the shop :doh: :wtf: .

They adjusted them & whohay what a difference :clap:

My journey to & from work is on poorly lit A/B roads & at times I have to guess the road placement due to poor visibility & being dazzled by oncoming traffic headlamps, but now no such problems.

Not sure whether I got them for the best price but got them from Auto Bulbs Direct for £24 + free blue side light bulbs.

TheOtherSimon

Jul 12, 2004
LNeves said:
I reckon a change of bulbs dont mean necessarily lights alignment. :think:

Usually it does, unless you are using SilverStars or VisionPlus.

In most cheap bulbs, the filament position isn't very well controlled, and you find that you have to keep realigning the beam every time you change bulbs. Which is also why HID upgrade kits are illegal - since the arc is a different shape to a filament.

Simon.

LNeves

Orangina
Feb 7, 2005
Only changed the bulbs once in 2 years on the Leon (Blue Vision or Vision Plus, can't remember :? ) but the alignment was the same.
I thought that HID kits where illegal unless you have some auto-wachers in the headlights along with an auto-leveling device for the beams.

TheOtherSimon

Jul 12, 2004
LNeves said:
I thought that HID kits where illegal unless you have some auto-wachers in the headlights along with an auto-leveling device for the beams.

Even if you fit autolevelling, and high pressure washers, those HID kits are still illegal for the reason that the arc is a different shape to a filament, so there is too much glare emitted.

Simon.

Chris`I

Turbo Club Member
Apr 22, 2005
Basingstoke, Hants
When you say they were pointing too much at the floor, you didnt have the bulbs in upside down did you? Only reason I ask is when I fitted my Osrams, I thougth the same, pointing not far from the car, even when adjusted, so swapped em over with a quick 180 and they were stunning! :doh: :clap:

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
Aren't the bases of the bulbs shaped so they only go in one way? Mine were, there was a cut out and a lump. I got one upside down but couldn't close the clip.

grasshopper

aarrhhhh so
Nov 11, 2003
North East Hants
Visit site
Chris`I said:
When you say they were pointing too much at the floor, you didnt have the bulbs in upside down did you? Only reason I ask is when I fitted my Osrams, I thougth the same, pointing not far from the car, even when adjusted, so swapped em over with a quick 180 and they were stunning! :doh: :clap:

Not too sure as didn't check them - assumed that the alignment was out having had the car for two & a half years and probably been slamming the boot too hard :rolleyes:

cornish

Are the bulbs easy to change???

On my last VW I had to get the dealer to install bulbs as most of the front of the car needed dismantling.....

Are there two bulbs in the lamps - mainbeam and dipped, or is it the same bulb?

Is the H7 fitment for the LCR, on the powerbulbs website it says H1.

thanks

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise