Optional Heated Seats

alex_morley

Hi guys, newbie Toledo V5 owner here (1999 150bhp version) with a luxury question...

I know that one some vehicles (certain Mercedes etc) the cars are fitted with most of the wiring for the optional extras but are left unplugged and without the control entered on the dashboard on the lower models.

My question is, as the V5 seems to have most of the other luxury features I could possibly want, is the wiring there for the heated seats or is there a simple way of setting some up in there and trying to pick up some controls to fit in the dashboard form a breaker or whatever?

Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated... although I love the idea of keeping cool with the air con in summer, getting my butt warm until then seriously appeals!

alex_morley

As I've had no reply as yet, I'm guessing this isn't really an option. Never mind.

dingsdale

Dont know if this helps, but I have a 99 Toledo SE (TDI) and I've had the seats and carpets out of it (it leaked....) - there was no wiring for electric seats there, so i think the answer is no!

alex_morley

Ah excellent, thankyou for that. I've got to have the carpets out of mine too as it leaks as well... marvelous!!! Here's hoping that once that's fixed I can actually sensibly start looking at life's little luxuries!

alex_morley

Yeah I've previously thought of doing that on other cars I've owned. However, they all had standard fabric seats which would've been very easy to pop off, fit the heating units under and then slap back on again.
As i now have the lovely leather seats I don't think I dare pull them around in that way for fear of not getting them back on and looking as good again!