opinions on the best speaker/amp "topology" out of these two pls?

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
number 1 is all the audio routed towards the back, using 4x (?) pre outs.

this all goes into a big 4 (?) channel amp (which means 1 channel wont be used? or could be bridged i spose?)

2 of these channels are wired returning to the front of the car, thro the X over for the components, and into the doors.

2 of them go into the Sub in the boot.

speaker2.gif

number 2, is 2x pre outs go into a component amp up front, then that outputs into the X overs and front components.
2 wires also go towards the back of the car to a sub amp

speaker1.gif

any opinions about which is the best way?

i take it number 1 would require a 'big' amp (i want 500-1kw going into the sub), would this be feasible?

anyone suggest advantages/disads of each type? hopefully neither of these will require a second battery?

i am aiming for a dual 10" sub non ported, because i listen to punchy dance music mostly.

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
I question why you want 1kw going to the sub. 300-400 wrms will be plenty in an Ibiza. That's if you get 'real' wrms not that peek crap a lot of companies quote

I'd say go for option 1 with something like a Genesis Profile 4 Ultra to run the whole system.

Pete

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
thanks

would option 1 be easier wiring? may attempt myself or just hand it to a local firm for £40 or something

what are the key features of that amp that would apply to mine, is it the 4x 100w? is that amp any better than other 4x 100w ones?

would 2x 100w be into the X overs & fronts, and the other 2 outputs bridged into a sub?

i've heard boston acouistics are a good front component bet, no idea about sub except dual unported 10", can you offer a selection? :)

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Use the continuous power readings and you're getting closer to the RMS rating, although still slightly lower than that I'd guess. This is where marketing BS sells a 1000w amp to a customer when if measured properly would probably only be 300wrms max.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members