• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

One touch window open/close

MA1601

Jan 3, 2023
The driver side master window switches for passenger and driver windows stopped working for a few days after they got wet recently. They now work but the one touch open and close has gone. I've tried doing the reset trick but doesn't seem to help. I'm now thinking a new switch panel is needed?

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
The driver side master window switches for passenger and driver windows stopped working for a few days after they got wet recently. They now work but the one touch open and close has gone. I've tried doing the reset trick but doesn't seem to help. I'm now thinking a new switch panel is needed?
I would try running some live data checks on the switch before replacing it (using a diagnostics tool like OBD11 or similar), to see if it is really broken or it is something that could be rectified by applying basic setting procedure.

Sent from my 23113RKC6G using Tapatalk

Mo_86

Sep 25, 2023
UK
Have you tried holding the button all the way up without click then when it gets to the top while holding it, then do the click.

MA1601

Jan 3, 2023
I would try running some live data checks on the switch before replacing it (using a diagnostics tool like OBD11 or similar), to see if it is really broken or it is something that could be rectified by applying basic setting procedure.

Sent from my 23113RKC6G using Tapatalk
Thanks didnt think of that - will have a look.

Reactions: serdar_18fr

MA1601

Jan 3, 2023
Have you tried holding the button all the way up without click then when it gets to the top while holding it, then do the click.
Yes have tried that, think the switch might have got some permanent damage from the water unfortunately.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Which re-set procedure did you follow?
I found the common way which you find on google & youtube didn't work for me - so followed the one in the manual which worked.

1721900294638.png

Reactions: Jason2023 and Mo_86

MA1601

Jan 3, 2023
I have tried the reset detailed in the manual above, still no luck although day by day it is getting better and starting to work more. Will try to get hold of contact cleaner. Thanks for the suggestions.

Mo_86

Sep 25, 2023
UK
I have tried the reset detailed in the manual above, still no luck although day by day it is getting better and starting to work more. Will try to get hold of contact cleaner. Thanks for the suggestions.
It isn't a sticky window is it, if so try some 3in1?

Jun 15, 2024
Which re-set procedure did you follow?
I found the common way which you find on google & youtube didn't work for me - so followed the one in the manual which worked.

View attachment 43374
Thanks for this, I should have looked in manual myself, as I was just wondering if my car had the one touch open/close as it wasn't working. I'll give this a try and reset it.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.