Oil pressure warning

Sep 21, 2024
Hello
I was wondering if someone could help me with my car issue.
When my car hits 2500 rpm a buzzer goes off (3x) and the red warning light flashes constantly. I have driven it like this for about 14 months. I have tried a oil pressure tester and it ran at a constant 2.7 bar.

I have tried 3 x pressure switches, I have serviced it, I have removed the oil pan, cleaned the oil pick up and currently have taken off the oil pump, which seems fine, although I don't really know what a bad one would look like lol.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
By the time the oil light goes off the engine is usually trashed anyway, as you've had 14 months out of it I'd say the problem is with the wiring to the sensor and not anything related to actual oil pressure.

Worst case scenario just rip the buzzer and bulb out so it can't annoy you.

Reactions: dwhatley
Sep 21, 2024
By the time the oil light goes off the engine is usually trashed anyway, as you've had 14 months out of it I'd say the problem is with the wiring to the sensor and not anything related to actual oil pressure.

Worst case scenario just rip the buzzer and bulb out so it can't annoy you.
I'm almost certain it's related to the electrics also.
The oil pump is currently off the vehicle, I was going to change it "just in case" there was a blockage or something making it less/higher pressure like the oil reliese valve. But now I feel that's just extra time and money.

I would love to be like del boy and rip the alarm oil, but I'm doing the work to sell the car. That just wouldn't sit right with me. 😇

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise