Oil pressure sensor

Sham

Sep 15, 2023
Hi guys! I got a warning light low oil pressure have researched and could be for various reasons maybe because my battery is knackered and the sensor got low voltage hence the warning as the oil level is fine I am changing my battery today so I thought I may aswell change the sensor but there seem to be two kinds a green and a brown one! Is there any difference and I have had a look in the engine bay but can’t seem to find it. So is there any way to know which one it needs and where exactly is it located pls any help much appreciated. Thanks

ViperSlider

Mar 26, 2024
Cardiff, S.Wales
It could be connected to your battery issues as a low/faulty battery often causes all sorts of electrical gremlins but see how it is afterwards and go from there.

Have you scanned the car to see what the exact fault code is?

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Oil level and oil pressure are two completely different things though...you can have a perfectly topped-up oil level and have no oil pressure.

Reactions: Walone

Sham

Sep 15, 2023
It could be connected to your battery issues as a low/faulty battery often causes all sorts of electrical gremlins but see how it is afterwards and go from there.

Have you scanned the car to see what the exact fault code is?
Yeh I have scanned it a few times and the codes that come up are for the glow plugs as the glow plug light is flashing on the dash even though I had them Replaced when I had it serviced in April. And the other fault code is for the turbo nothing comes up for the Oil pressure! Just get a warning on the dash which goes away after a couple of seconds. I tried clearing the fault codes but they don’t clear. I have got the new battery now I’m going to put it in and then see what happens. i think i will have to replace the glow plugs and the oil sensor they could have got damaged by not having the correct voltage going to them. The Turbo issue is another can of worms !! Been quoted £500 to get it fixed but don’t know what that entails if he’s going to repair the same one or put a new one in I’m going to call the mechanic and clarify all that.

Attachments

• IMG_0641.png
    IMG_0641.png
    345 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0640.png
    IMG_0640.png
    382.5 KB · Views: 14

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
lol. Sorry thought I mentioned it previously nothing fancy. Its seat Leon 2015 1.6tdi.
Looks like the TDI has 2x oil pressure switches!
1x green low pressure and 1x brown higher pressure!
They are both on the oil filter housing.

1725457609704.png

1725457653245.png

Sham

Sep 15, 2023
No it didn’t up until my battery started playing up prior to that it was ok. Also when the DPF was clogged up It used to show
Up on the dash and it would self re gen I would take it for a quick blast on the dual carriageway and it would sort it self out it even did it a few times driving through town In heavy traffic it wouldn’t stop with the stop/start function and the revs would go up higher than normal whilst it was idle in traffic and it would re gen!! Now I have no light on my dash for the DPF not had one for a while. I mainly only do short journeys.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Thanks for that pal so basically I need to buy one of each? Are they hard to get to ? Would it be easier on a ramp do u think ??
If you have a low pressure oil light problem - I would look at the low pressure switch first - the green one.
Never changed mine so don't know how easy they are? Its on the filter housing and you change the filter from underneath. I do my filter with my car on some small ramps.

Sham

Sep 15, 2023
If you have a low pressure oil light problem - I would look at the low pressure switch first - the green one.
Never changed mine so don't know how easy they are? Its on the filter housing and you change the filter from underneath. I do my filter with my car on some small ramps.
Ok thanks pal iv have a go with a trolley jack see if I can get under it properly. Thanks for all the help much appreciated.

Reactions: SuperV8
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.