• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

OEM LED bulbs and DAB radio

Deev

May 28, 2006
Croydon, South London
Now, I'm aware of multiple threads about after-market LED bulbs causing interference with the DAB radio in their Leon - but I've recently started experiencing the problem with the OEM indicator bulbs in my 2014 FR Technology. Mostly when I'm indicating left, but occasionally right in low signal areas... It's a most bizarre issue, especially given these aren't after-market, so I can only assume the LEDs are getting "noisy" in their old age... so just wondered if anyone had any suggestions on a remedy - I assume replacing the LED bulbs is the simplest solution, but which ones, if so many after-market bulbs are affected? Also, is it the fronts or the rears that cause the issue? From what I've read I'm guessing the rears as that's where the receiver is (?).

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Actually wait - I've just researched further and found that.... the LED is part of the entire cluster and isn't replaceable?! Seriously?!
Yep. Welcome to the world of modern tech. There's a lot more profit to be made on a £170 light unit than a £2 bulb.
Edit:
it might be worth unplugging the units and giving the connector contacts a spray of contact cleaner (not WD40) and plugging and unplugging the connector a few times to clean up the contacts. You could also check that any separate grounds/earths are tight.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.