• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

OBDeleven Gearbox Errors VZ E-Hybrid

Leon097

Jun 13, 2021
The Netherlands
I am the proud owner of a “new” used Formentor VZ E-Hybrid. I am pretty happy with the car. However, last weekend I did a scan with OBDeleven and discovered 18 gearbox faults. The strange thing is, when I scan the car with engine/electric engine on, there are just 5 faults left. When switching the engine off and scanning again, there are back 18 faults. I can’t erase them, they keep coming back.

I doubt if the faults are legit because they are just numbers without any date stamp or frequency counter. When I search some of the codes on the internet, they are related to non-gearbox issues.

Car drives and shifts butter smooth. No dashboard lights or errors. I still have used dealer warranty, but wanted to check first before I drop my car off for false errors. Someone who can shine a light on this?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_1221.png
    IMG_1221.png
    296.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1220.png
    IMG_1220.png
    288.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1219.png
    IMG_1219.png
    297.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1218.png
    IMG_1218.png
    218.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

the_lorne_ranger

Nov 20, 2023
Aberdeen, Scotland
I have a 2021 VZ2 310 and when I scan with OBD 11 I always seem to get some kind of faults, oddly, if I scan with engine running, zero faults.

I had 39 fault codes in a scan the other day, fault codes for systems that were working absolutely fine!

Leon097

Jun 13, 2021
The Netherlands
Thank you for your answer. This really helps me, since I also have around 39 faults globally when scanning. Good to hear someone has the same.

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
18 gearbox faults
I have the exact same number of faults (for 02-Transmission) on my PHEV Formentor, since I got the car from factory. Even though those have "Intermittent" status, I cannot clear them. However, I never tried to scan with the car started, but only with the car powered-on.
Mine looks like this (ALL 18 have NO code "null" and are identically displayed as below):
> 02 Transmission
> ...
> Trouble codes:
> null - Unknown
> Intermittent
> null - Unknown
> Intermittent

I had 39 fault codes in a scan the other day, fault codes for systems that were working absolutely fine!
All the error codes I ever got were associated to systems that are actually working fine. If you check the date/time of the faults, you'll notice some of them occur when the car is parked and locked.