not that impressed

krizz51

Feb 4, 2006
forest of dean (glos)
recently purchased a mk3 cupra 20vt, had it bout 2months, dont get me wrong its quick but just feels not right, have let a couple of my mates drive it who own turbo cars an they seem to think im not running much boost, intend on buying a boost gauge but just wondered if u guys could help in the meen time. With other turbo cars i have drove you can feel a certain kick when the turbo spools up just seems to smooth in the cupra, cant really tell when its in. it is standard apart from open airfilter, blueflame coming tommorow. is it just me expecting to much from a standard car ???? have tryed to ring bill at badger 5 but cant get hold of him. also eml is on ( came on bout 500miles after fitted the airfilter thought this was because filter had worked itsself loose so put it on vagcom an cleared the prob, couple of days later an it was back on, then turned itsself off all on its own. but hey presto just been out an its back on again. Hasnt put the car in limp mode an hasnt changed the performance from before just piss's me off looking at the little orange bugger
would be greatfull for anyhelp
thank krizz

krizz51

Feb 4, 2006
forest of dean (glos)
dont know as i wasnt here when chap came out, also thought the maff just dont want to spend £70 for it to happen in a week's time, do you think it could be the filter. also have forge 007p dont think that could be the prob but never know

krizz51

Feb 4, 2006
forest of dean (glos)
just been out car picks up loads better but hold back at 5500rpm take it thats because of maff disconected. but now traction control light wont go off if i reset the ecu, by disconeting batt, an plug maff vback in will that sort traction c light out

krizz51

Feb 4, 2006
forest of dean (glos)
cheers mate you are a hero, you dont know anyone who wats a dust cather lol. think i will put origanal back on till i can get something a bit better. do you think i should reset ecu then or get it done on vagcom

petay_pan

Oct 27, 2005
keep standard airbox, is as good as anything you can buy, keep the stock paper filter, it's plenty good enough and it works. stock air box is almost a completely sealed induction :)

turbo freak

I had some prblems with the car not boosting enough, so I disconnected the MAF and it seems fine, only problem is that besides the ESP light that stays on, there is also the ENGINE light that won't go off even if I reconnect the MAF! Is this normal, or should I like not start the car?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.