Northamptonshire Police Cupra

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Northamptonshire Police Road Crime Team new wheels....

Can see some new Leon’s in the background too.

E37E21D7-EDCE-49A3-AC5C-63CDDC203FB5.jpeg

Last edited:

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Nice. Wouldn't mind driving around in that.

The shoveling body parts off the road, not so much.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Nice. Wouldn't mind driving around in that.

The shoveling body parts off the road, not so much.
I assume it's mapped as the twitter post said 300bhp+ lol

Yeah traffic police would be cool if it was just pulling people over for being morons.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I assume it's mapped as the twitter post said 300bhp+ lol.

Well, I hate to say it but I'm not sure I would take anything read on Twitter as gospel. Before long Twitter will be saying it has wings and a rocket launcher.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Well, I hate to say it but I'm not sure I would take anything read on Twitter as gospel. Before long Twitter will be saying it has wings and a rocket launcher.
That's true but it was one of the drivers i think who would be driving it... I'm not sure how fast the old models were.

B9MYO

Apr 9, 2020
Technically they're not wrong as I've seen a few Cupras (not dyno tested mine yet) make about 310 or there about even though it's considered a 296.

Wouldn't be surprised if they're using the technicality to scare racers in their R's, S3's and the like.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
I really like the look of the Cupra ST in police livery.
( as long as it’s not pulling me over) lol
I know someone who’s a member of the ex police car club ( he has an ex police Austin Allegro from the early 70’s) and I’m always keen on seeing new police cars.
I read somewhere, possibly auto express magazine a while ago that they were reducing the choice that forces had to choose from for new police cars to keep costs down.
Sure it was like Hyundai, Kia, Vauxhall, ford and BMW.
But I’ve seen others, Skoda, Volvo and others that I can’t remember.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I used to know a few guys who were traffic cops back when I did the IAM test. How they chose cars was interesting. They had a list of criteria each type of car had to meet. So the traffic car had to be fast enough, be able to carry all the kit, cost etc. Surprisingly, how easy the car was to drive wasn't on the list. If it got the job done the drivers were just expected to drive it.

B9MYO

Apr 9, 2020
I really like the look of the Cupra ST in police livery.
( as long as it’s not pulling me over) lol
I know someone who’s a member of the ex police car club ( he has an ex police Austin Allegro from the early 70’s) and I’m always keen on seeing new police cars.
I read somewhere, possibly auto express magazine a while ago that they were reducing the choice that forces had to choose from for new police cars to keep costs down.
Sure it was like Hyundai, Kia, Vauxhall, ford and BMW.
But I’ve seen others, Skoda, Volvo and others that I can’t remember.

Mostly Manchester are Kia\Hyundai beat cars and BMW/Skoda road cars. I have seen the odd Mitsubishi Outlander police car though.

I've even seen a BMW i3 response ambulance

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Emergency vehicles tend to be mapped, remember years ago AwesomeGTI had a fleet of police cars in for REVO files.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
They have been using leons round here for the paramedics and doctors cars for quite a while. I wonder if they have been migrating to cheaper cars now or just diversifying their fleet.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
There are a few Leon ST taxis where I live. I'm actually surprised they didn't think of it sooner. Lots of space and the cheapest way to get VW running gear and that ridiculously economical 1.6 TDi engine.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.