Non matching door card trim?

JRB

May 29, 2004
Kent
I have only had my Leon a couple of months but i couldn't help but notice how much the drivers door fabric hurts my elbow , upon further investigation i noticed that the fabric for the drivers door is completely different to that of all the other doors and the centre arm rest. My first thought was that they had simply made this door card more durable as there is always a driver and therfore that one will get the most wear and tear. But after speaking to my neighbour who has the same car he assured me that his are all the same and that my OSF door fabric was a lot rougher than his. I was just wondering if any of you had come across this and what the likelihood would be of me getting it changed by the dealer?

Im still waiting on missing and deffective parts from the day i picked it up so i'm not holding out much hope on getting this done.

Ps i haven't got girlie soft elbows honest!

foxes

Feb 7, 2005
Bang In The Middle.
JRB.

Checked the fabric on all four door cards & there all the same.
Drivers side is NO eception on mine.
Alll are padded aswell

(sounds a bit girly) but could be the hairs on your arm catching on the fabric

Mine is a 55LCR but i would nip down to the stealers & let them have a look m8
hth

JRB

May 29, 2004
Kent
Cheers for looking mate i had another good look today and the weave of the fabric is completely different to the other three trims , so i will have to go and get it checked out at least i now know of another 55 plate that are all the same so they cant fob me off with "well its because its new one that its different"

Thanks again JRB

JRB

May 29, 2004
Kent
Took car into Seat today and they are ordering a new one in .
The mechanic who came out to have a look was very helpful , i was shocked that it was that easy!

JRB

May 29, 2004
Kent
Finally got to go and pick up my new door card after two more visits and them not knowing what the hell i was on about at the first one. (big box) get it home take it out and the trim is grey not black, needless to say i was not impressed. I took it back slightly bemussed, as i was under the impression that all Leon Cupra R's had black interior and as they knew it was for an R why would they order a grey one? The guy who sits behind the counter said oh well i'll order another one then shrugging his shoulders. They just dont fill me with confidence!

Does any body have access to Seat part numbers and if so could they possibly let me know what the correct part number is for an off side front door trim for a Leon Cupra R?

Cheers JRB

foxes

Feb 7, 2005
Bang In The Middle.
JRB.
Just about to say Result! but typical Seat dealership.

What i cant understand is why (1) you have to collect the door card &
(2) why your dealership cant fit the card on for you!??

its stil under warantee?

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
foxes said:
JRB.
Just about to say Result! but typical Seat dealership.

What i cant understand is why (1) you have to collect the door card &
(2) why your dealership cant fit the card on for you!??

its stil under warantee?

will be under warranty if its a 55 plate.

JRB

May 29, 2004
Kent
I 'm a workshop manager and still work the spanners myself, so i'd rather fit it myself, and they were ok with that . Saves them a job and they still get to submit the bill to seat for it ,and i'll know that the job is done and done well . I've always done it like that with any dealer when it comes to fitting warranty bits to my own car.
I've still got the grey trim at the mo i'm holding it hostage untill my black one arrives.
What i cant understand is that working in the trade i know that when i order a part i will have it next day 99% of the time if not i am informed of the delay and the relevant customer will be informed . The fact it took them that long to get the wrong one is bad enough if they just took the time to phone me and say it will take 2 weeks thats fine i'm then informed and prepared for the wait but to not say anything and then when i go back to check it out they have no record of my order and then when they do ring me to say its in they want to bill me for it because they didn't realize it was a warranty job. know i have to wait even longer and i haven't had a phone call yet to tell me when its due, may have to pop back this sat to see whats going on! If i treated my customers this badly i wouldn't expect to have any customers!

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
i rarely use seat dealers for parts as my mk2 i can just get bits from scrappers. on the rare occasions i have used them theyre crap. ordered a part for the sterring wheel, can be compared to a socket for a wrench, cost me 13 pounds and took a week to come. and then i had to phone them up for them to decide to tell me it was in.

has shut down tho now the one i used to go to...

Brownster

Pure Brownmonsterage
Mar 4, 2006
sheffield
How mush does a new door card go for, i need a new one at the rear passenger side as the speaker part has been broken :(?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.