• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

No sound

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
Hi,
No radio sound or sound while making a phone call this morning. It’s on version 1940 since it was available and it has worked well, so no apparent reason for it to suddenly stop working. I rebooted it several times while driving, I restarted the mobile and I also restarted the car a couple of times but still no sound.
Anyone else on 1940 with the same issues?
Is the latest version (1960?) stable?

It might work again on the way back home from work but I’ll need to get it checked by the dealer since I’m running out of warranty in two months time.
I recorded it on my mobile so there’s at least some evidence.

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
Just a quick question why we don't get these latest updates over the air from cupra, or any official information with regards to latest versions available?
Change log etc.
Or I am missing something here ?
Last week it did some updates but nothing changed its still on 1940

Thanks.

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
Just a quick question why we don't get these latest updates over the air from cupra, or any official information with regards to latest versions available?
Change log etc.
Or I am missing something here ?
Last week it did some updates but nothing changed its still on 1940

Thanks.
Yes, a smaller update a couple of weeks ago. Maybe it introduced new bug. I’ll visit the dealer in any case to get it looked into.

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
Well so fat mine is working well. Like you said after a long period of being switched off might work again and reset all.
Or just have a quick look in additional sound settings.

Attachments

• 20240401_165128.jpg
    20240401_165128.jpg
    615.1 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: Hampa1
Mar 11, 2023
Hi,
No radio sound or sound while making a phone call this morning. It’s on version 1940 since it was available and it has worked well, so no apparent reason for it to suddenly stop working. I rebooted it several times while driving, I restarted the mobile and I also restarted the car a couple of times but still no sound.
Anyone else on 1940 with the same issues?
Is the latest version (1960?) stable?

It might work again on the way back home from work but I’ll need to get it checked by the dealer since I’m running out of warranty in two months time.
I recorded it on my mobile so there’s at least some evidence.
If it was while making a phone call I read somewhere that you may try to push button on the wheel for speak and say "Cancel"... for the case the car is in mute mode because of the phone call.

I have a SEAT Leon MK4 2020 FR TDI with software version 1940 and last Friday I was greeted with a loud sound of static from the speakers when I opened the door, even before started the car. Since then I have not been able to receive any sound for radio, android auto etc., and the information that some sensors (parking, auto brake, line assist. etc.) didn't work...

My car is not under warranty anymore.

I tried to clear the errors with OBD11 but no luck.

I solved the issue by took the negative cable of the battery for several minutes... and after that the car still was without any sound but the sound controls start to work on the screen. Still a lot of sensors errors.

Then I use again OBD11 and when it was looking for errors... the sound come back! I cleared the errors and start the car to clear the rest of the errors. After stop the car I used OBD11 again and was zero errors and everything working fine again.

If your car still on warranty take it to the dealer, if not and you have an OBD11 or Vagcom you may try this, if the issue persists.

Your software version is 1940 like mine... I think I will consider to have the 1969 version.

Reactions: Hampa1

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Mine did just that 4-5 times over 2 years . It would normally go away after turning the car off at next stop an let it sit for a while or if so happened ovenight. Fortunately didnt have to go through it on a trip. Nevertheless, after getting the last update at my last service, seemed I wouldnt have to go through it again, however, after leaving it at the airport for 5 days last week, the infotainment and some sensors wouldnt work when started up, it seemed like trying to load up all systems but couldnt, everything else working nonetheless. Longpessed the infotainment power button, switched off the infotainment, then powered it on again and everything worked. Dont have a clue why this happened after the car been parked for a few days, but at least I found the remedy.

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
As expected, sound came back after the car was turned off 9 hours. I’ve booked it to be checked (and possibly updated from 1940 to 1969) late in August while having an inspection done.

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
For anyone having the same sound issue as i reported; The car is in for an inspection now so I asked for an update to resolve the intermittent sound issue. They called me back and said there’s a TPI from the factory fixing it. I don’t have the TPI number but will share tomorrow if it’s provided. Apparently my car has an older version (316) as one part of the sw and the latest is ”319”.

On another note; My puddle lights looks strange but they will be replaced.
Both issues are covered by the warranty (which ends 30/8!)

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Yes my puddle lights also seem strange lately, as if they have a crooked line or water gotten into them, but will address the issue and obviously have them replaced at next service. Fortunately my warranty doesn't expire for almost another 2 years.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.