Newbie with a VZ2 310 and some questions.

Mobile Chicane

Jul 16, 2024
Hi All.

Got my 2021 VZ2 310 about a month ago and I have some questions.

Once in a while the infotainment screen says changing settings with a yes no option, tapping no just makes it go a way for a bit tapping yes seems to change various modes and turns start stop back on and makes it so I cant disable it again until I've stopped the car and cycled the ignition.

I believe I'm on the latest 1969 firmware.

I don't use the app or connectivity features as I run everything like nav and my music through car play, is there a setting I can tweak / change so the car stays as I left it ?

No one else drives it so no need for driver profiles.

I'm under warranty until may 2025, after that I'll be looking at a few tweaks such as making the stop start and lane assist remember last setting.

For those that don't know I have discovered some features, you can turn off keyless entry however doing this means that the easy open boot (if you have the option fitted) is also disabled regardless of how the toggle switch is shown on the screen. HTH

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
The changing settings thing is normal, well atleast same happens for me. If you don't accept, it will just pop up next time until you do. Not sure what the reason for it is, I have just learnt to live with it.

Have also coded the lane assist to remember the last setting, as I really have found it dangerous on a couple of occasions so used OBD11 to change it and always keep it off.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

adamski310

Jul 6, 2024
The lane assist is annoying but I found that a quick flick of indicator stops it from trying to fight back lol. May be me as only had the car about a week (23 plate Leon VZ2 310).

I don't mind the stop start as I've had that in many cars now and I don't find that a pain.

I do think the dsg is less responsive in this compared to my old Golf R 7.5 estate, don't know if others feel the same.

Some of the cars quirks I've had to learn to put up with as they are same on the wife's 2020 Leon FR.

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
Wait until you are trying to dodge a pothole and the lane assist tries to keep you in lane (not always time to indicate), or gets confused when you take a slip road (having indicated) and tries to move you back towards the main road.

Granted, easy enough to turn off at the start of a journey, but a right pain if on a long journey when stopping for breaks and you have to go through the routine over and over.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: adamski310

adamski310

Jul 6, 2024
Dodge a pothole...your council must have funding to fix them lol. Our local council is bankrupt, so it's all potholes around here lol.

Reactions: Seastormer

avk

Nov 1, 2023
Cyprus
for me creating a driver's profile solved an issue with the change settings pop-up.

regarding lane assist, don't know what you are talking about :) i consider it quite soft and not overly intrusive

Reactions: Seastormer
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members