Newb

RobCupra

hi guys n girls just after signing up....because im just after buying my self a Ibiza Cupra 1.8 20v :funk: . anyway what im writing for is to see whats the most decent dumpvalve i could buy for it ? ive heard of some valves that u cant fit? but im stiill wanting the loud pssssstshhhh if u know whati mean ? lol anyway any help would be much appreciated.

cheers, rob

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
Dumpvalve????

Why dont you just record the best one you have heard and play it as loudly as you can through the Stereo?:lol:

I'll start the argument now, you should have bought the TDI!:hide:

RobCupra

lol im happy with it anyway mate :p why should i have got the tdi .... ? :clap:

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
cheaper and still very fun. the best person to ask on cupra 20vt mods is rashcupra he's done pretty much everything to his i'll try and find a few links for you. welcome to the site buddy:wave:

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
heres his o-60 link
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106867
his videos have expired now unfortunatly but his sig has his current mods and he talks about his old mods in the link too. gazjones video is there tho his is an FR 20VT roughly the same output to what rash's was. that'll give you an idea what a CUPRA 180 with a good remap an viper induction kit was like. Rash will be on later after work i should imagine he might find the old vid for ya, the viper kit sounded mental

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
hi guys n girls just after signing up....because im just after buying my self a Ibiza Cupra 1.8 20v :funk: . anyway what im writing for is to see whats the most decent dumpvalve i could buy for it ? ive heard of some valves that u cant fit? but im stiill wanting the loud pssssstshhhh if u know whati mean ? lol anyway any help would be much appreciated.

cheers, rob

Many options now since Forge released the Split R Valve, a dump to recirculting valve but has enough dump to atmosphere to ensure that the ECU doesn't record a fault. I havn't heard this in person yet. But I've got a Forge 007 DV with an open cone filter (well Dynatwist with the heat shield removed) and bypassed the N247 Valve and it sound good (gets annoying though cause sound like i've got one of those speaker in my glove box that make a whhhoooossshhh noise). But if your running the standard 0.6 bar boost then the split R may sound weak?

Best people to ask about modding the 20vt within the MK4 secton is me, rashcupra and Gazjones. TDi's want to speak to Triple D (hes wreaked enought uprated turbos). We have pretty much the same setup but all have different remaps. Rashcupra is just head due to the fact he has uprated his suspension and wants to spend way to much for a small amout of BHP.

Next for me is binning of the cupra intake for a circular 70mm diameter intake so my tubing will fit directly to the bumper instead of the orginal pipe. (like a square peg into a round hole).

Theres my 50p worth.

Last edited:

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
lol im happy with it anyway mate :p why should i have got the tdi .... ? :clap:

As said by Davels cheaper to run and still fun:D

I can leave most things (on my private road) standing and still get 36mpg whilst doing it:roflmao:

As for the dump valves, I can never get the image of 1litre novas driving down the road going Psssssssttt. out of my head :blink:

Good luck with your new car.:D

RobCupra

wow didnt imagine this much info in this short of time cheers for the info guys and much appreciated.....ill be sure to let u know my mods......first things first thow going to get it mapped.....any recomendations for places in glasgow? if not im willing to travel.... cheers again

Rob

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
its sad how the Mk4 20vt pioneers get forgotten over time.........:cry:

Personally just stick to the Forge 007 re-circ valve. its of a high quality and unfortunately the only way you will ever get some noise out of em is to remap and fit a large open-to-air air filter. You may need a slightly harder spring for the valve once mapped, i ran a blue spring on mine once set up properly. Airfilters, i tried a few, settled on the modded air box in the end with a green panel filter for best performance. But the XXL Dynatwist ran without a cover sounded the best.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
hello rob cupra great buy with the cupra 1.8t easly the best choice ;)

with regaurd to your dumpvalve ere is my video with my baileys dumpvalve and viper on it when i first got the car.

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b9/rover25/videos/?action=view&current=0_60_5sec_0_100_13.flv

but after countless times the engine management light come on! after a few months i got sick of the sound and changed it for a forge recirculating valve and modded my standard airbox and got a green panel filter with enlarged air intake for the standard look and the forge gives a taste ful (not fake) dump noise and also performs better too!

ive got a viper induction kit for sale for the mk4 ibiza cupra 1.8 20vt with silicone hose if your interested? sounds nice and growly! :cheeky:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
if you want the loud whoosh noise baileys dumpvalve is the kit for you but it isnt good for the 1.8t engine really as after time can damage engine if i was you id replace the boosh r.v

RobCupra

that sounds nice but ur right i dont want my engine management light comming on lol. think ill just get a filter and remap along with and exhaust lol . btw ur motor sounds lovely mate ;)

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
i think in that video my car sounded realy fake :shrug:

if you want a remap id go for the 007 forge recirculating valve to as the remap will blow the boosh r.v to bits!

when i had the viper induction kit it sounded realy growley and sporty

but for exhausts miltek is your answer!! il get some sound clips up when ive got my uprated turbo and engine sorted 310bhp should sound ace!

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset

cheers, rob

Welcome to the site chap! :)

RobCupra

ok guys im going to book my car in to get chipped with revo..... do i have to upgrade my clutch right away ? else is the clutch fine to run the amount of bhp and torque going through it ?

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
no need for a new clutch on the petrol mate not with just a remap, zorst etc gazjones is running near 230bhp on standard FR clutch with minimal slippage i beleive. clutch is only an issue with TDi's because of the low end torque spike you get on most derv remaps, but it does depend on wether or not your clutch is healthy in the first place. if it's on it way out anyway more torque and power through it will just speed up the process but it's unlikely :D

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
ok guys im going to book my car in to get chipped with revo..... do i have to upgrade my clutch right away ? else is the clutch fine to run the amount of bhp and torque going through it ?

Now look whats happened, you'll be spending every penny you own on your car now:D

New brakes
New suspension
LCR splitters
Chrome Interior bits
Bigger alloys
Different Tyres
New exhaust system
ICE

Have I missed anything?:lol:

Hope you enjoy your car:clap:

RobCupra

lol nah mate not quite! just got enough for the remap and nothing else at the moment lol going on holiday soon :p mayb when i come back thow lol! just wanted to know if i should upgrade my clutch or not :cartman: :cartman:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members